GT35R Oil Fittings

Guest Hal

I'm plumbing my oil fittings and the damn kit came with stuff that won't fit. So, what fittings do I need for the feed and return lines? Also, there are four holes on the GT35R and I was only expecting two. Can someone give me an idea of what they would be (apart from the drain, and feed)?

I mean the fittings themselves. I just found out those are for coolant. Should I tap into my cooling system, or just cap them, or what?

As for the fittings, does anyone know the size? I have 90* elbows but they don't work. I need to get a 45* fitting, however, I'm unsure of the size.

I mean the fittings themselves. I just found out those are for coolant. Should I tap into my cooling system, or just cap them, or what?

As for the fittings, does anyone know the size? I have 90* elbows but they don't work. I need to get a 45* fitting, however, I'm unsure of the size.

JJJJJEEEEEEEGGGGGGGSSSSSSS

truthfully jegs fittings in stock were a big help putting a turbo where it wasnt supposed to be on my tbird.

Damn you shouldve called me.

Dont cap the fittings. You have a what is refered to as a "wet" center section. This means that water, not oil, is the primary coolent inside the turbo. its important not to mix those two inlets and outlets up. You will need to tap into you coolnt system. Like the oil, try to make the flow of the water run down hill. you want to pull water as close to the water neck as possible, ther wise your cooling the turbo with water thats alreasy heated from the engine internals.

The fitting sizes should be either a -3AN,-4AN or a 1/2 NPT depending on the return flanges you have with it. Be sure you get an oil restrictor on there so that if your oil pressure sky rockets you arent blowing out the seals... happens quite frequently with homemade turbo kits.

now there is

Be sure you get an oil restrictor on there so that if your oil pressure sky rockets you arent blowing out the seals... happens quite frequently with homemade turbo kits.

Quoted for importantance of information. Unless you are blazing new territory, there should be someone who has this correct restrictor size somewhere on tha intraweb. Get the right size the first time.

Unfortunately I am only aware of less than 5 Cobra's with these turbos, and, none were done with this kit that I have seen.

Nick, shoot me a PM with your number.

i would say the feed is probably 3/8 NPT and the drain you need to get a kit for which i have but might not fit the GT, was going on my Precision SC-61.

As far as the wet center section you dont have to run the water but I would highly recomend it. I never ran oil restrictors in my SC-61 but other people i know did, might check out stealthmode for your feed/drain and that restrictor.