Lightning Problems

schmuckingham

I went to Dragway last week to make some passes on the new tune and it didnt go so well. I made one pass and about 3/4 down the track ( more towards the end) it started shuttering and loosing power so i glanced at the wideband and let off the throttle cruising the rest of the way. The wideband was dead set at 12.7 when i let out but the tune is set for 11.3. Packed up and drove home with no issues and made one quick stab at the throttle and it stuttered again and wideband read 12.7, and by stutter i mean like a rev limit shake or two step but it slowly pulls.

I got it home and it idles fine and drives fine but as soon as it goes into power enrichment it starts to studder and hold 12.7. I cleaned the MAF, checked for vac leaks and made sure i wasnt leaking gas. I didnt have much time to diagnose the pumps but i did jump the relay and with the key on engine off it was 43psi and with the key on engine running it was 38 psi. It was initially set at 40 psi before the dyno and i havent touched it since, i am unsure wha my pressures will be like with my Aeromotive FPR and -8/-6 lines up at the motor.

A few folks have mentioned melted plugs ( Lightning do this a lot for no real good reason) and other have said the tune is jacked up, but i highly doubt the tune is wrong because the truck ran perfect right up until the track. I am thinking one of my pumps took a shit but like i said i havent even touched the truck since that night.