Harry Reid and the "Can't Do" Party

OSUGT

A vote for Obama is a vote for his asshat..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqR0Ui0g3wI

I don't know about you, but I don't feel sick. Stop shoveling this crap down our throats and go drill you freakin clown!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD_-li0ofjw&NR=1 (Dennis Miller Response)

I don't know about you, but I don't feel sick.

You = 1 of 301,139,947 people.

Reid said he told President Bush on Wednesday he thought the war could not be won through military force, although he said the U.S. could still pursue political, economic and diplomatic means to bring peace to Iraq.

Hooray context! He's right, you know. Insurgencies are fueled by the presence of military forces. It's a never ending Pez dispenser of assholes, kill one and another will take his place, maybe two. It's an Iraqi problem and they're the only ones who can solve it. Let them have their brutal Civil War, the longer it is put off, the worse it will be.

"Our troops won the war clearly, cleanly and quickly," said Rep. David Obey, D-Wis., chairman of the Appropriations Committee. "But now they are stuck in a civil war."

A vote for Obama is not a vote for Reid, how you arrived at that is beyond me. Go back to listening to Rush Limbaugh.

How bout you go fill your tank with solar energy and I will use what you don't to heat my home and drive my car? When your BS "alternatives" are able to be massed produced, give me a ring. You probably believe that global warming caused the coldest winter we had in decades last year.

Harry Reid said we lost the war. Have we? If we have, why don't I see Iraq on the front page every day like when we were "losing?"

The point of my post was to show what a weak, sniveling weasel Reid is. For some reason, you think I'm Bush and Limbaugh's nuts? For some reason, conservative values that made America what it is today are evil? I'm just tired of being told what America "CANT" do to solve it's own problems.

What is your solution to the energy crisis? Hope for alternatives that are 10-15 years in the future? Whats the point of saving a future that may not exist? I know, I know, we won't see any oil that is drilled for today for 10 years...blah blah blah. Just America's intent on drilling would lower oil prices TODAY!

I'm all for political disagreement. It keeps most people honest. This group in Congress, however, is not most people.

Edit- yep, I'm one of 300 million people in a country that has a life expectancy at least 10-15 years longer than 50 years ago. Wow, fossil fuels are killing us.

How bout you go fill your tank with solar energy and I will use what you don't to heat my home and drive my car? When your BS "alternatives" are able to be massed produced, give me a ring. You probably believe that global warming caused the coldest winter we had in decades last year.

What? Where did I say anything about that, or claim any alternatives as "mine"? You are yet another example of some one who enjoys being angry, thus they make up their own enemies. It doesn't matter what my veiws are, I disagreed with you, therefore I'm a hippy liberal who want's to take your guns and abort your fetuses. What a waste of time.

Every paragraph you wrote betrays a painful level of ignorance. Opening up new expanses of land will lower prices today? It may shock you to hear that this has been tried before, and fuel prices didn't drop a cent. Hooray Reagan.

Fossil fuels aren't killing us because our life expectancy is longer? Go tell that to the kids of Long Beach CA, where the asthma rate is many many times the national average because of the deisel fumes from the harbor. Tell it tot eh sportmen who can't eat the fish they catch in 75% of the countries lakes and streams. Medicine extends our lives, it doesn't make them better.

Alternative energies? Enough sunlight hits the earth every second to satisfy our electrical needs for a lifetime. If you actually paid attention, you would know how efficient the cutting edge of this technology is. Hell, I jsut saw a solar battery charger at Harbor Freight today, less than ten bucks.

Wht happened to Nuclear? Instead of drilling up the world and making things worse, fight the Hippies and get some new, more efficient power plants built, and power everythign with electricity. This is not some wild sci-fi theory, it just hasn't been put into practice yet.

Conservative values didn't make America what it is today, the country was founded by liberals, in every sense of the term. Conservatives have historically faught tooth and nail AGAINST many of the rights and freedoms that we as Americans hold dear (and some are still trying). In point of fact, America is great in spite of conservative vaules, and we've still got work to do. I'm sick of hearing lazy complacent mutherfuckers say "we're the best", as if it implies that we don't need to work on improving anything. Or better yet, they use it to feel justified in suggesting that we take steps back.

My 3 year old is also sick of hearing what he can't do.

You have accumulated an assortment of common right wing bullet-points of bitching, nothing more. I'm going to Pundit Kitchen now, to see more sophisticated arguments.

This thread was not started to argue with you. You are an elitest egomaniac who twists everything I say.

Did I ever say I was against alternatives?? Hell no! They just are not feasible because

even your lib pals block progress!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/26/solar-energy-projects-fro_n_109518.html

^That was from California and other western states. They must love the polluted air out there, right?

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2006/04/27/kennedy_faces_fight_on_cape_wind/

Do it all! Drill, alternatives...whatever! My point is, even alternatives are being blocked by BS from people like you. But what do I know? I'm not even on your academic elitest level.

Did I ever say I was against alternatives??

Right here

....BS "alternatives"...

IIRC, BS means Bull Shit, meaning dubious or false, indicating a lack of faith or respect.

I'm not elitist, I just see more than you. ;)

How is examining data blocking progress? That is a step that was NOT taken many times in the past and has had disasterous results (Salton Sea?). You're impatient, just like allot of people who pursue short-term solutions and end up creating long term problems. Like a child, you want it NOW, to hell with later. Luckily, the people in charge want it done right. Tell me, did you actually read the article, or just the blurb on the Huffington Post?

Here's a number that you missed:

...the applications, which cover more than one million acres...

What happens when a million acres of sun drenched desret soil are suddenly put in the shade? Do you know? Any idea how hot a Concentrating solar plant gets?

You also missed:

In the meantime, bureau officials emphasized, they will continue processing the more than 130 applications received before May 29, measuring each one’s environmental impact.

Not really an effective "blocking" effort, is it? Secondly, this is just regarding BLM juristiction. They can build the hell out of private land all they want.

The cape cod argument is about rich old fukers who don't want to look at fans, that's all. Most are near death, their cause will fail soon enough.

To do things right, you need the patience to get it right.

For some reason, conservative values that made America what it is today are evil?

So are you saying we can blame the conservatives for the housing marking going to shit the dollar now being near worthless and gas prices climbing?

Right here

IIRC, BS means Bull Shit, meaning dubious or false, indicating a lack of faith or respect.

I'm not elitist, I just see more than you. ;)

How is examining data blocking progress? That is a step that was NOT taken many times in the past and has had disasterous results (Salton Sea?). You're impatient, just like allot of people who pursue short-term solutions and end up creating long term problems. Like a child, you want it NOW, to hell with later. Luckily, the people in charge want it done right. Tell me, did you actually read the article, or just the blurb on the Huffington Post?

Here's a number that you missed:

What happens when a million acres of sun drenched desret soil are suddenly put in the shade? Do you know? Any idea how hot a Concentrating solar plant gets?

You also missed:

Not really an effective "blocking" effort, is it? Secondly, this is just regarding BLM juristiction. They can build the hell out of private land all they want.

The cape cod argument is about rich old fukers who don't want to look at fans, that's all. Most are near death, their cause will fail soon enough.

To do things right, you need the patience to get it right.

Again, pick apart what I said. Context is your favorite word to use when it is used for your advantage. I said BS in the sense they are not economically feasible. Drilling will help. Waiting on solar or wind power does not help me or anyone else hurting right now.

Again, I'm not against alternatives. I'm against barring an increase in a tangible energy supply.

The point of the articles is that the status quo benefits no one! Damn right I'm impatient! We should have been working on this for the last 30 years. Dems, repubs and everyone else! We are in deep shit and you still haven't told me how you are going to make an immediate impact. While the world burns, you want to run feasibility studies in a flippin desert.

You asked what happens to millions of acres of sun drenched desert when shade hits it. My guess is that it cools down.

Who would want to try and build on private land? Some green would figure out a way to stop it.

Funny how you completely dismiss the Mass. wind farm story. It's just the typical "not in my backyard" mindset. It's elitest environmentalist bullshit hypocrisy. That's all any of this is.

I wonder how long you can convince people that 4.00 gas is good for them without offering a real answer. If this isn't what you are saying, please explain exactly what your solution might be for the short term. Sorry, was that too much of "child like" question?

To PM

So are you saying we can blame the conservatives for the housing marking going to shit the dollar now being near worthless and gas prices climbing?

are you saying you don't know the difference between a fiscal and social value?