Serious accident on 70 east

Sam1647545489

Just a heads up for anyone heading that way that see this. There is a serious accident in between 256 and 310. It looked liked it happened 2 mins before I got there and I stopped. 3pm'ish. I was heading west, there was definetly a dead body in the median and 5 cars all tangled up really bad. Called 911 and they were on their way. One car was split in 2 again. People were trapped in their cars. Was really a bad scene to see.

Be careful everyone driving home. I am sure the news will have something on it.

I saw this accident as the squad and others were arriving, terrible mess. It looked to be a Jetta that was cut in half, I did notice it had some aftermarket wheels on it, other than that the car was scrap and I saw a covered body. Debris was everywhere and the car cut in 2 had the halves seperated by what looked to be almost 100 feet. People were crying and others had blood on their faces......never seen one this bad up close.

Ch.4 is now reporting 2 fatalities. The overhead shot shows the civic that was pretty beat up, a small Suzuki car, some truck in the grass that I couldn't see the damage to and the remains of the car cut in 2.