Hello to all

Madmike99

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike, I'm 20 years old from Lancaster, Ohio

I drive a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage.....it's just a little 1.5l auto(For Now)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/Backwinder2001/CarPictures022.jpg?t=1215195069

I'm leaving for Army bootcamp in September, so i'm gonna hold of on any mods, but when i get out i plan to do a complete Evo swap on it. I've already got the the E8 block with E9 head, but i'm still trying to source out an e4-6 AWD 5-speed trans, and all the other AWD components.

Well thats about it, hope i done a satisfactory job!!!

• Upvote 1

Hey thanks for the welcome, ya i've checked out 4g61.org and im on miragefourms.net...lots of good info on both websites. I'm still not certain if im going AWD or not...it's ALOT of money and hard to find the parts, but would be well worth it if i did. I'm thinkin of gettin a Lancer OZ 5-speed trans, and putting evo gears in it and keepin it FWD...but im not sure yet....i've still gotta finish building the motor first.

Hello everyone!

My name is Mike, I'm 20 years old from Lancaster, Ohio

I drive a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage.....it's just a little 1.5l auto(For Now)

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/Backwinder2001/CarPictures022.jpg?t=1215195069

I'm leaving for Army bootcamp in September, so i'm gonna hold of on any mods, but when i get out i plan to do a complete Evo swap on it. I've already got the the E8 block with E9 head, but i'm still trying to source out an e4-6 AWD 5-speed trans, and all the other AWD components.

Well thats about it, hope i done a satisfactory job!!!

yeah evo swap! HELLO and Welcome!

Guest mrhobbz
why don't you just get an evo? its going to be a bish for all that work? just a question, good luck with ur build, welcome

if you build it... they will come...

Welcome to the site, can't wait to see what you do with that ride.

I have seen over and over guys saying they are going to take this swap on, either you need aloy of money or good fab skilling and half the money. 99% of guys that even attempt this swap never finish it, I have been part of alot of dsm/evo sites and only a handful of guys in the states have finished an awd swaped 4g63 car. Good luck to you tho hopfully your fab and wiring skills are up to par with such a huge project.

Sounds like a cool project, If I was going to do it, I would defiently find a wreaked evo and try to by it for a cheap price. or maybe even a older wreaked dsm to save some some mula

Good luck in Basic! Keep your head low and try to stay unoticed, It is basicly just training and your time to be a badass will be at the unit!

What is your MOS?

Hydrolock- Why dont i just get an Evo?

Well that wouldnt be any fun would it, i do want one but this is my first car and i wanna do something fun with it, on an added note....it's lighter than a stock evo= quicker, plus it's a WHOLE lot cheeper on insurance.

Boosted98gst- You are completley correct, as of date there is only 1 running complete AWD swapped mirage in the United States, but there are plenty that are in the process of being completed and just as with any of the Honda swaps.....the more it is done the more knolege and the easier it will get, the biggest problem with the swap is finding the right transmission.......BUT like i have said im not even 100% sure im gonna go with the AWD swap.....There are several FWD 4g63t swaped mirage's and they seem to run pretty well.

tindall2006- i've actually already got the block and a built head, in the process of rebuilding the block now. I'm in no real hurry to get this done as said, i dont wanna do it then be sent to Iraq or some dumb shit and never get any enjoyment from my car.

MOS is 21B...Combat Engineer and thanks for the advice!!!!

Thank you to everyone that has welcome'd me to the site, and thanks to the ones that are interested in the swap....i will keep everyone informed of any progress that is made.

Guest Addicted2Boost
Welcome!! Id like to see some of the pics of the different stages in the car.. Cool project man hopefully u it done...

Best. Sleeper. Ever. Welcome to the Forums.

Noobs. Don't. Welcome. Noobs.

Welcome!! Id like to see some of the pics of the different stages in the car.. Cool project man hopefully u it done...

You are a noob, don't welcome other noobs.

Welcome, there used to be some other guy in Lancaster with a mirage that had an integra front end molded onto it. I think he worked at best buy maybe? Had plans like yours minus awd.

well if that's the case good luck I can't wait to see it when your done. remember we help if your cool, if you start fucking up we don't like u. sounds like ur cool so far so again good luck

Welcome, there used to be some other guy in Lancaster with a mirage that had an integra front end molded onto it. I think he worked at best buy maybe? Had plans like yours minus awd.

Hmmm Integra front on a mirage, Thats kinda funny because i see a mirage with an Integra front end all the time, when i go to the dirt track, and he seems to spank everyone almost every week....wonder if its the same car??

well thats what i was thinking, but i've got a few dings and dents and rust spots....and i just cant live with that so im gonna put a lip kit on it and black it out and be done body wise i think. I "could" go all out and do the complete evo swap and do the Evo body as well....but thats just WAY to much work IMO......Performance>looks