OVR Points Event #6 - 7/20

TURBOED

Heh, I was going to complain about it being a course for the corvette's, but I guess Rich kind of screws up my argument :mad: Great driving Rich and AJ. I do agree that the bumps didn't upset my car too much. Probably more mental than anything when you are on the edge of grip and you bang into a bump.

Craig - since you already have a spread sheet made, how about putting CR PAX class points in there? If you don't know already, the formula is:

points = 100 - 900((competitor's time - winner's time)/winner's time)

i had to slow down some in the last part of the track, those bumps killed me. i went in real hot one time and the car jumped about a foot to the side and i almost didn't make the finish. there is skid marks on the sidewalls of my rear tires and i have them set at 43psi :eek:

C6Antwon's first time autocrossing, i think he's hooked.

What happened to his car? It looked like a frozen caliper or something?

i had to slow down some in the last part of the track, those bumps killed me. i went in real hot one time and the car jumped about a foot to the side and i almost didn't make the finish. there is skid marks on the sidewalls of my rear tires and i have them set at 43psi :eek:

What tires are you running? I thought most r-comps liked to be run at 30ish psi. I could very easily be wrong though.

he ABS is acting up for some reason.

i have the A6's, they do like 30 way better but if you run them higher then they will last longer. i bet i could knock some more time off if i drop them down but i would have to replace them sooner and its just not worth the money for a few tenths.

Unless you were in a kart!!! Tim's kart kit so hard on one bump he tore a weight off his seat and was hobbling the rest of the day. My back is a bit sore to say the least. The final slalom was just a lucky shot to see if you landed pointed the right direction for the last couple of cones. I'll get throught the results and post up the "official" CR PAX list tonight.

One of the reasons I don't race karts anymore. Big fun but hard on the old guy's body!

Heh, I was going to complain about it being a course for the corvette's, but I guess Rich kind of screws up my argument :mad: Great driving Rich and AJ. I do agree that the bumps didn't upset my car too much. Probably more mental than anything when you are on the edge of grip and you bang into a bump.

QUOTE]

I'm right with you. I thought with all the corners leading to long straights the Subie-roos were going to have my lunch. They are usually much better coming out of turns than me. Surprisingly, when you look at the overall PAX results (http://www.ovr-scca.org/_autocross/results2008/pax.asp?season=2008&rid=14), there is a pretty fair mix of different types of cars in the top 20.

On the bumps, as long as the car does not shift direction, the bumps are just a distraction. This is where good shocks really pay off. It really surprised me my car didn't jump around a bit. I am sure that some cars didn't like it!