Martial Arts crew

thorne

I also want to release stress, I felt so relieved to actually hit something. The pain reminds me to not be lazy. I don't know how to explain it. It's a motivator more then anything. I have trouble motivating myself to try harder.

Plus your actually using force.

I felt so much more calm coming home I really want a outlet for stress relief and this was amazing. Nothing else mattered once I was in there training. Work all of that did not matter.

So I just did a Krav Maga class tonight. 2 hours of Holy shit!.

I learned moves tonight I never would have thought of before. I also have a few bruises and a taste of blood ;) Don't get sloppy.

It's very hands on and I really like it. Oddly because its rougher on me. It causes me to work out even harder. By the time I was done I was beat like I never had been in my life.

Really kicking an object and punching and object makes a big differance. It makes you try harder. And being kicked even with a bag teaches you to pay attention.

I think I'm going to take the class because I really enjoyed it.

I told you that is good stuff...

Did you goes to Johns place?

I believe you 100%. See I have your quote in my sig.

I've been tlaking to my wife she wants me to do it. She says i need to do something active.

My only worry is schedule but I think I'm going to do it . I will know for sure wednesday.

I've been tlaking to my wife she wants me to do it. She says i need to do something active.

My only worry is schedule but I think I'm going to do it . I will know for sure wednesday.

I realy need to get back into it. I was in great shape. I got my nose busted and a couple of black eyes out of that class. It was funny to see the look on my patients face whn I would come to work with a black eye. :D

Martial Arts are not for relieving stress or losing weight. For that, go here.

I don't think you fellas are bad people, but you're looking into this for the wrong (aka white guy) reasons and it's a bit disrespectful. It used to be that you wouldn't be admitted to a school with those goals in mind, now theres a guy with a mullet in a strip mall willing to teach anyone anything. :p It is because of that attitude that the Martial Arts most are exposed to are no longer Martial or an art form. They've devolved "in our society" into self-help workout seminars. At their worst, it's a place to dump kids on a Saturday morning to teach them the discipline that modern parents don't have the nuts to enforce.

Watch a "pro" board breaking contest, look at those guys and tell me that martial arts will help you lose weight. :lol:

Martial arts are what the name implies, physical self improvement is only a byproduct. If you go to the wrong place, with the wrong attitude, and the wrong expectations, it won't be worth your while. You're better off taking up boxing.

Good.honest.intending to be herlpfull.advice

Find out what you want, and choose carefully what will give it to you. A tid-bit to chew on for the ride home: You don't need a school to teach you Martial Arts, if that really is what you want to learn. Technically you don't even need to know how to read. ;)

So, when are we gonna start sparring?

I took Brazilian jujitsu for about a month last summer at the Rellson Gracie academy on schrock and cleveland. The first class is free, so you can get an idea if you like it or not. I love to wrestle and I find the technique and brains involved in grappling very interesting so I ended up having a great time. The teachers and students alike are all very friendly and often times the Gracies themselves will come to town for fights or other events and put on classes which is really unbelievable when you think about what an opportunity it is.

I took Brazilian jujitsu for about a month last summer at the Rellson Gracie academy on schrock and cleveland. The first class is free, so you can get an idea if you like it or not. I love to wrestle and I find the technique and brains involved in grappling very interesting so I ended up having a great time. The teachers and students alike are all very friendly and often times the Gracies themselves will come to town for fights or other events and put on classes which is really unbelievable when you think about what an opportunity it is.

The place is owned by a Chiropractor.

The place is owned by a Chiropractor.

Jeff Hudson is the owner of the place and started it after he got approval from the Gracies. I've never rolled with him but from what I hear he is amazing. In order to teach jujitsu and distribute belts using the Gracie name you have to be approved by a Gracie. In this case it was Relson.