Production Camaro specs

thorne

SS was added in '68? It was only a package option higher than the RS. I know the big blocks were not specifically part of the SS package. It wasn't until the 4th gen the SS badge truly meant anything performance.

1967 was the first year of the SS. it was also the first year of the 350 hence the SS 350 Camaro. you could also get a RS/SS 350 or 396.

68' was the first year of the Z/28

you could also get a 396 in 70-72 SS cars. 3rd gen is the only model that never had a SS option.

I think i want the V6 version

I forgot sarcasm is supposed to be in bold

Actually a 296 bhp V6 (all motor) isn't really that bad, if the V8 or SS is out of your budget. I imagine that a new V6 would run what... 20-25K brand new? Don't the newer V8 stangs have only 300bhp? Put a turbo or cam and headres on that and you would have a fun car! You know mods will come out for them soon.

little update, those of you that noticed the RS badge on the grill. that option is on the LT and SS cars, its the HID head lamps, different wheels and different tail lights. i think i'll try to order a RS/SS model myself. that would be pretty sick. there are 10 different colors and a vert will be out in the summer of 2010.

that car is a shade better looking than the mustang, but still ugly. as is the new charger, and all of these "neo-retro" idiocies on the road.

Hands down the mustang looks much better. I see the camaro selling, but will probably be a big flop, and GM will lose their ass. Rear end looks like a smushed up C4 with down syndrome, and the front looks like a 68 Camaro squinting at the sun.

Didn't anybody go to the columbus internation auto show and see the camaro in person? They had 2009 one there, but could not see the inside. The body was all finished and such, but they wouldn't open the doors/hood/trunk. I might have some pictures.

Didn't anybody go to the columbus internation auto show and see the camaro in person? They had 2009 one there, but could not see the inside. The body was all finished and such, but they wouldn't open the doors/hood/trunk. I might have some pictures.

They didn't open it because it wasn't real, there was nothing in it. That was a model of the concept, I don't know if you noticed but it didn't have brakes, and the wheels were fake