Does any garage have work?need a Mechanic?

Guest Removed
Been running Motives now for six years in the Formula. Some people just wanna bitch too much about shit.

GUESS YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THEM TO BITCH!

you bitch alot yourself so :gtfo:

I know for a fact with FRPP gears they are the exact same specs as the original FORD gears. With FRPP you do NOT need an install kit. That is how my car, and many others are set up, they all work beautiful. No noise at all.

I know for a fact that your car is in pieces.

What have they said?

I know for a fact with FRPP gears they are the exact same specs as the original FORD gears. With FRPP you do NOT need an install kit. That is how my car, and many others are set up, they all work beautiful. No noise at all.

Dude any gear that is a differant ratio than the current ones need to be re-shimed. SOMETIMES flipping the shims right 2 left works but that is not becouse of who made the gears.

Guest Removed

no wonder you keep breaking transmissions :p

but sometimes you can get lucky, but i almost bet pinion depth on yours could be set better! what gears did you have and then go too? :confused:

Guest 614Streets
Dude any gear that is a differant ratio than the current ones need to be re-shimed. SOMETIMES flipping the shims right 2 left works but that is not becouse of who made the gears.

Exactly , Medium Fast , install kits come with new crush sleeves , new pinion bearings and races , and with master install kits new carrier bearings and races , along with carrier and pinion ships and yep new ring ring gear bolts with loctite and gear marking compund.

Now with FRRP because they are made by "ford' or whoever actually makes them , they are made using MHD which is Master housing dimesion for the 8.8.

Setting these gears up using MHD you measure the new pinion thickness and add or subtract from MHD to get new pinion shim sizing , but for all other gears with ford 8.8 and chevy's and dana's and yota's etc that dont have MHD and you set up pinion depth at the gear manufacturers etched pinion depth.

Then you have to set up backlash which requires the carrier shim packs from install kits most of the time especially with aftermarket carriers.