Resturant Review: Ruth's Chris Steak House

HAOLE

My wife and I love Ruth's Chris. Probably our fav steak place in C-bus.

Mortons used to be at my top but the last 2-3 times we've been, the food just isn't as good at Ruth's Chris.

We went to Eddie Merlot's a few weeks ago.. GREAT place.

Mitchell's is just ok, I liked M much more than mitchell's. Better atmosphere and ambience.

I've heard J Gilbert's is a good place to dine, but have never been.

Next time you go to Vegas, the following are TOP NOTCH.. SW steakhouse (wynn), Craft Steak (MGM), Prime steakhouse (Bellagio) and Kokomo's (Mirage).. mmmmmmmm

And Kobe beef is good stuff, had a kobe ribeye at Ruth's Chris last year.. SW steakhouse had a 8 ounce kobe filet when we went, but it was over $250.

I have had good experiences with Ruth's Chris. Tonite I am trying out Smith and Wollenskys for the first time. Review to follow.

And do you know why their steak is so soft?

Moldy steak, anyone?

It's called dry aging. Most of your high end restaurants either dry age their own meat, or purchase it already aged.

Dry aging occurs while the beef is hanging in a refrigerated cooler, at a specific temperature and humidity, for 10 to 28 days after harvest and prior to cutting.

When beef is dry aged two things happen. First, moisture evaporates from the muscle creating a greater concentration of beefy flavor and taste. Secondly, the beef’s natural enzymes break down the fibrous, connective tissue in the muscle, tenderizing it. Most of the tenderizing activity occurs in the the first 10 to 14 days.