M1 Carbine question

FourString

Oh, there is a nice little gun shop that has tons and tons of old WWI and WWII weapons on N-High St. in Clintonville. it is close to the Indian Springs elementary school. I have not been there in years, but they had old guns EVERYWHERE in that store. Wall to wall.

good condition carbines are going for around $1000.00 fun gun to shoot I bought mine about 12 years ago and I've probably put 20 or 30 thousand rounds through it :)

Fin Feather Fur has one made by Kahr for 620.00. I don't know anything about Kahr. If I was buying one I would want an old one, but I am a WWII history buff.

Make sure you read the qualifications to purchase from the CMP before you go. It ain't like hitting Vance's. And the north store is most likely pretty darn empty right now, the National Match pretty well cleaned them out, and they haven't caught up yet.

USPSA membership allows me to purchase ;)

Fin Feather Fur has one made by Kahr for 620.00. I don't know anything about Kahr. If I was buying one I would want an old one, but I am a WWII history buff.

Kahr is a company off of Auto Ordinance and Thompson. They've been around for a while. The same company makes a legalized version of the Thompson sub-machine gun in semi auto.

Kahr is a company off of Auto Ordinance and Thompson. They've been around for a while. The same company makes a legalized version of the Thompson sub-machine gun in semi auto.

So is it decent stuff?

So is it decent stuff?

Yup one of the only companies around still producing them. Here's a few models, I'll try to pick one up later, I've always wanted one.

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/images/aom160.jpg

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/images/aom150.jpg

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/images/aom130.jpg

Ironically, my buddy that wanted the M1 in my original post didn't even buy a gun yesterday. I did though :D I picked up a 1944 Russian Mosin-Nagant M44. I am going outside here in a while to try this beast out. It's so neat to look at this gun and wonder what it has seen.

The guy at Vances told me that each of the stampings on the stock meant something different. He mentioned that there was a way to find out what each of these mean. Does anyone have an idea of how to do this? A website maybe?