JohnBorDumB's DC2 Integra

Guest johnbordumb

Guest johnbordumb

I saw turbo mentioned twice or something... I have plans for a while to just do an NA build. Eventually I'll end up doing some FI, or if I get this other DC2 I'm looking at I'll run one DD NA and have the FI...

Those who despise me because I drive a honda... I'll live... I've driven plenty of cars for S&G's, and I keep the DC2 because its more than well rounded enough for my empty pockets.

Positive comments... Thanks for the welcome.

I saw turbo mentioned twice or something... I have plans for a while to just do an NA build. Eventually I'll end up doing some FI, or if I get this other DC2 I'm looking at I'll run one DD NA and have the FI...

Those who despise me because I drive a honda... I'll live... I've driven plenty of cars for S&G's, and I keep the DC2 because its more than well rounded enough for my empty pockets.

Positive comments... Thanks for the welcome.

the guys at slowmotion could help you out .

Guest johnbordumb

I'm totally aware that you're not making fun of me, I just don't prefer Slowmotion... I haven't really heard a lot of good stuff, and plenty of bad... I can do all/most of the work locally through myself/friends. Honestly though, thanks.

And I know actions speak louder than words. One of these days my actions will be where I want them. I'm not totally done with the planning process right now.

truism. Seen plenty of shitbox owners step into the oven saying they're going to spend 20 grand on their Honda, but mysteriously never post again.

truth.

maybe its just me, but ive never quite understood the whole point to modding a honda anyway, although i do realize there are some very nicely done and very quick ones. I dont know much about the different engine codes for honda, but if you build up this b18 and only make 215 hp, i dont see a point.

Kinda like building a V6 Firebird, but worse

I kid :p

LOL, i knew that was coming.

i know i dont imuch room to talk, but at least mine started with 200, and with a mild cam and slightly ported heads, im still making 300 hp with a damn motor that is used in a grandpa car lol

im also not addicted to the power of my v6, id gladly take an LS1 if anyone has one they would like to get rid of lol

Sorry man untill u have a reputable honda... fast or actually looks good you fail, now go to the bank get a loan an get something on ur "daily driver" ...if ur afraid to break ur daily its a honda its reliable get over it... so wanna race neon at the track for fun mines my daily driver too

truth.

maybe its just me, but ive never quite understood the whole point to modding a honda anyway, although i do realize there are some very nicely done and very quick ones. I dont know much about the different engine codes for honda, but if you build up this b18 and only make 215 hp, i dont see a point.

I am not ever going to knock someone that loves what they do, maybe they are not blessed as other people and work with what they have. I am sure you hear it all the time, how come you did not just buy an ls1? I know its not because you wanted the 3.8 over it, but prolly had somthing to do with money, or insurace blah blah ..but his cars are very clean and people sould just respect what hes doing.

A few years ago I sold all my performance dsm stuff, my 90 gsx and then this past year I sold my 98 gst to someone on this site. I ended up buying a 89 240sx from GA and used it as my daily driver, through out the year driving it, I would always get made fun of because of my car , and racial comments to me because I was japanese and I was driving what people think a "drifter"car people judged me because of my car before even speaking to me. This gave me the motivation of building somthing thats me and not anyone else or what anyone else thought, If your buying certain things just to fit in or make people accept you ,I prolly do not want to meet you anyway. Everyone has their own reasons , we should just accept them we are all here for one things and thats cars in general.

Guest johnbordumb
truth.

Honestly, I only want a more fun DD than I already have. I considered running nearly stock in auto cross this summer, but I figured I'd save money this summer/winter, and hopefully start the build in the spring.

B18c1 - GSR engine. Stock its 170hp and 128lb-ft tq. What I'm looking at doing isn't going to be extremely expensive, will get me 45+ hp, and will do exactly what I said about having a much more fun DD. And hopefully having it done before next years SCCA events start is going to be all a reality. The only problem with looking to do this sort of stuff to your DD is... it's your DD.

Honestly, I only want a more fun DD than I already have. I considered running nearly stock in auto cross this summer, but I figured I'd save money this summer/winter, and hopefully start the build in the spring.

B18c1 - GSR engine. Stock its 170hp and 128lb-ft tq. What I'm looking at doing isn't going to be extremely expensive, will get me 45+ hp, and will do exactly what I said about having a much more fun DD. And hopefully having it done before next years SCCA events start is going to be all a reality. The only problem with looking to do this sort of stuff to your DD is... it's your DD.

I would just build your block, and a mild turbo set up and call it a day.

Guest johnbordumb
I'm building the block (whichever one I use), no turbo in sight yet. It's becoming more rare to find a car thats decently fast without a turbo on it IMO, especially a 4cyl... So thats why I'm wanting to run NA for a while. If all comes through with me getting my second DC2, then I'm going to go ahead and skip NA on this build and then run a turbo setup. Which will require me to do more research.

I am not ever going to knock someone that loves what they do, maybe they are not blessed as other people and work with what they have. I am sure you hear it all the time, how come you did not just buy an ls1? I know its not because you wanted the 3.8 over it, but prolly had somthing to do with money, or insurace blah blah ..but his cars are very clean and people sould just respect what hes doing.

A few years ago I sold all my performance dsm stuff, my 90 gsx and then this past year I sold my 98 gst to someone on this site. I ended up buying a 89 240sx from GA and used it as my daily driver, through out the year driving it, I would always get made fun of because of my car , and racial comments to me because I was japanese and I was driving what people think a "drifter"car people judged me because of my car before even speaking to me. This gave me the motivation of building somthing thats me and not anyone else or what anyone else thought, If your buying certain things just to fit in or make people accept you ,I prolly do not want to meet you anyway. Everyone has their own reasons , we should just accept them we are all here for one things and thats cars in general.

exactly, money reasons.

i dont want an LS1 to try to fit in, ive just always wanted one. if i had the money i could probably easily build a low 12-high 11 second NA 3.8, and it would be sweet, but could also build a 10 second LS1 for alot cheaper. thats my reason for wanting one. other than that i could care less about what people think about what i drive.

i wasnt knocking him for what he drives, just saying i dont see much of a point, which is just an opinion. i have no problem with a good running 4 banger.

exactly, money reasons.

i dont want an LS1 to try to fit in, ive just always wanted one. if i had the money i could probably easily build a low 12-high 11 second NA 3.8, and it would be sweet, but could also build a 10 second LS1 for alot cheaper. thats my reason for wanting one. other than that i could care less about what people think about what i drive.

i wasnt knocking him for what he drives, just saying i dont see much of a point, which is just an opinion. i have no problem with a good running 4 banger.

I agree if we were all rich we would prolly all have similar things, most things are popular for a reason its because they are either good or bad ,being the ls1 its a good thing. Most guys buy ls1 cars because modding them is easy and tuning them avalible all over or they are just a redneck and wants to put "glasspacks" on it. Not everyone has ls1's or are into them , me being one, But i do respect them in everyway. Anymore its not the type of car its who can throw the most money into ones car to be the fastest.