Psa

Dweezel

Okay, I'm gonna throw this out there just because. If you have a drop light that still uses regular light bulbs, Throw the damn thing out and get one that uses florescent lights.

I was living in NJ and on the news a guy was working on his car in a small one car garage, changing a fuel pump, he dropped the light, or it fell or some shit. Anyways, the resulting explosion killed him and took out half his house, luckily his wife was working, and kids were in school. But still not good.

That is when I threw out the two I had in my garage and went immediately out and bought a pair that use florescent bulb lights to replace them.

Just Tuesday, this guy I work with, and occasionally ride with, his uncle owns a car lot. he was doing the same thing. Changing a fuel pump on a mini van. it was up on a lift and the light fell off the lift leg and hit the ground. Instant fire. Luckily he made it out and is fine, but his business is gone, along with several cars he had in his garage. I wouldn't say I'm great friends with him, but I've met his uncle several times and if I'd see him around town I'd stop and shoot the shit with him so this hits a little closer to home.

PLEASE PEOPLE if you have a drop/trouble light that uses a regular screw in light bulb, THROW IT OUT it's an accident waiting to happen!! :mad:

Your the kinda guy that smokes at a gas station arnt you?? their kinda unavoidable in that situation, you've got the fuel tank out, and open, vapors will be there. Any car let's off small traces of fuel vapor. That's why ITS LAW that any electrical outlet, or piolet light in a garage MUST be at least 4' from the floor. I've changed dozens of fuel pumps, and dropped just as many tanks for other various reasons, the open fuel source is not the problem, the ignition source is.