Tuna at Putnam

Mellogsxr

He'd probably drop a few seconds if he'd quit looking over his shoulder...

Nice target fixation at about the :50 mark by the vid guy...

Other than that, a lot of guys are out killing it on purely stock machines. I've seen a certain guy annoy SV650 riders on a stock CRF450 motard at Putnam. They'd only get him on the straights and he'd CRUSH them in the corners... Stock rear shock and simply oil change in the forks...

Always a neat deal when guys ride well on stock bikes...

He'd probably drop a few seconds if he'd quit looking over his shoulder...

Nice target fixation at about the :50 mark by the vid guy...

Other than that, a lot of guys are out killing it on purely stock machines. I've seen a certain guy annoy SV650 riders on a stock CRF450 motard at Putnam. They'd only get him on the straights and he'd CRUSH them in the corners... Stock rear shock and simply oil change in the forks...

Always a neat deal when guys ride well on stock bikes...

At Putnam or Mid OH? there is a guy/kid who trails his CRF motoard to the track with his Goldwing.. :D He is pretty quick from the times I have watched that session.

At Putnam or Mid OH? there is a guy/kid who trails his CRF motoard to the track with his Goldwing.. :D He is pretty quick from the times I have watched that session.

I was refering to Reuben at Putnam on his 03 CRF450...

The only "fast guy" I've seen on a Motard is Cobb... There's a lot of fast guys riding them, but he's F A S T.

Purely stock modern machines...

The best part about it was that he road home from Putnam, to Florence, Kentucky!

Oh, there are plenty of examples of guys on turds older than that Katana. They used to race those so, they aren't out of the realm of being able to ride them well on the track. Even stock.

Now a guy on a KZ1000 with only suspension mods (read front internal valves and oil and WB rear shocks - dual, that is) running sub :50s at Mid-Ohio and showing kids a wheel 1/3 his age is impressive...

Yea, you can gain alot of time with T1. I started to figure it out on Sunday in advanced, and I seriously think that's what helped me get my :19.

This footage has right where I first went into T1 "too hot", and in a sticky situation. At about 4:25 I'm on the inside in the blue/white&black racing the guy in red&white down the straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOLWJPD1-dM

You can clearly see that if you make good corner speed through T1 it'll carry you all the way through!

Oh, there are plenty of examples of guys on turds older than that Katana. They used to race those so, they aren't out of the realm of being able to ride them well on the track. Even stock.

Now a guy on a KZ1000 with only suspension mods (read front internal valves and oil and WB rear shocks - dual, that is) running sub :50s at Mid-Ohio and showing kids a wheel 1/3 his age is impressive...

Reminds me of watching Bill Bloom race at Nelson.. Can't remember if he was mid 70s or in his 80s, racing the same KZ1000 he raced in the Daytona 200 in the 70s.

Yea, you can gain alot of time with T1. I started to figure it out on Sunday in advanced, and I seriously think that's what helped me get my :19.

This footage has right where I first went into T1 "too hot", and in a sticky situation. At about 4:25 I'm on the inside in the blue/white&black racing the guy in red&white down the straight.

You can clearly see that if you make good corner speed through T1 it'll carry you all the way through!

A few things...

Was that Advanced group? That was about 1:29s from my math on the clips. That's not good in that traffic at those times.

Anyways, QUIT LOOKING BEHIND YOU!! That kills time and is dangerous at the points you were doing it. Your line choices looked good once you got into certain areas of less traffic.

Another thing is drive. Those guys that waxed you on the straight? They had better drive because they were kept in sight in the corners following. They had liter bikes, but honestly, it isn't that kind of difference unless it is drive.

Also, it's really cool and fun riding with buddies, but get away from them as soon as you can. You were visibly faster than they were and you looking over at them and hanging out and holding up to keep with them is dangerous and can cause issues. Get with riders that are your speed and ability. You'll go faster and get better as a result. Being held up by friends is not a way to improve. They'll find people their speed and get better doing that, as well...

I'm not the one filming in those videos...that video was from the intermediate group. My best that weekend was a 1:19 in the advanced group, using a laptimer attatched to my bike. It was my first trackday. Here's some of my footage...it's not as good.

My first session in advanced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL4f-hbNrKE

Getting help for DB from a control rider...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9qlMraGC7A

And footage of me, intermediate group...I know I wanna keep my head down. I'm still scared of T1 in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mqCa2wUP78

Edited by Mellogsxr

I loved my 01K 750 Kan-a-tuna. Had if for about 3 full seasons and thrashed the hell out of it. I hated it at first actually the whole time I had it and always wanted something more. After I got my 1k gixxer I was thankful for learning to ride a tank on the street before slimming down to a bullet. I bet that guy in the video would be a beast at the track on a modern sportbike

good times it looks like . hopefully ill get to meet some of u guys next year.

I'm not the one filming in those videos...that video was from the intermediate group. My best that weekend was a 1:19 in the advanced group, using a laptimer attatched to my bike. It was my first trackday. Here's some of my footage...it's not as good.

My first session in advanced.

Getting help for DB from a control rider...

And footage of me, intermediate group...I know I wanna keep my head down. I'm still scared of T1 in this video.