Help with Computer choice

Radio Flyer1647545514

I posted a thread a while back about pros and cons of PC vs. Mac. I came to the conclusion that I want to get an HP, but I decided to go with a desktop.

I came across this which I find to be very nice as it has television capabilities and everything, something that I could use in my room as my T.V. sucks balls.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8894805&type=product&id=1211587730323

I was planning on getting a 22" HP Monitor with it as well.

Comments on this.

I'm going to be using this mainly for school, but I also would like to play around with photoshop and the sort on this as well. Is this a little more than what I need?

are you fucking kidding me? don't ever buy HP. ever.

seriously, computer technology is so advanced now that for $1,100 you could build your own, way more badass PC with parts from newegg. I spent $900 for something that can easily run 3 displays (22" widescreen LCD (Acer), 19" widescreen LCD (LG), and a 15" LCD), play games like BF2/2142 at highest possible video settings with no lag, handle an HDTV tuner and have an HDMI compadible vid card, with 500GB hard drive space and a solid processor/motherboard combo. At this point you could even get a Blu-Ray disc drive for not too high a price.

Even if you do get a factory machine like an HP, whatever you do don't get AMD processor. anyone who knows their dick from their taint can tell you that.

also, fuck windows vista. fuck it long and hard.

are you fucking kidding me? don't ever buy HP. ever.

seriously, computer technology is so advanced now that for $1,100 you could build your own, way more badass PC with parts from newegg. I spent $900 for something that can easily run 3 displays (22" widescreen LCD (Acer), 19" widescreen LCD (LG), and a 15" LCD), play games like BF2/2142 at highest possible video settings with no lag, handle an HDTV tuner and have an HDMI compadible vid card, with 500GB hard drive space and a solid processor/motherboard combo. At this point you could even get a Blu-Ray disc drive for not too high a price.

Even if you do get a factory machine like an HP, whatever you do don't get AMD processor. anyone who knows their dick from their taint can tell you that.

also, fuck windows vista. fuck it long and hard.

HP definitely sucks -- I have to deploy them here in the office on a regular basis. I also agree Vista sucks. AMD cpus however, do not suck. They are very good price/performance processors. Intel definitely is the winner currently w/ the performance crown, but AMD has some good cpus out there.

All that being said, I also vote for build your own. Newegg is great and usually has some pretty good deals going. You could build a nice rig for ~$500. Add $200-300 for a solid gaming vid card and you'd have a decent gaming rig as well. :)