"Inside" thoughts of Republicans on Palin

ImUrOBGYN

A bit hard to hear at times, so listen very closely. Adjust your volume or equalizer or whatever.

"MSNBC was to interview a few top Republican talking heads, who were to put Palin up on a pedestal. The interviewees didn't know their mics were on before the interview..."

Click

< See post below for written audio. >

Here ya go if you can hear the audio above.

============================================

Oops! An open microphone caught Republican political strategist Mike Murphy and former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan trashing John McCain's choice of Alaskan Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate.

During a live MSNBC broadcast from the Republican National Convention, host Chuck Todd thought the coverage had moved to another report as he engaged in politcal banter with guests Murphy and Noonan.

The blogosphere was abuzz with the recorded conversation late Wednesday as Palin took to the podium to accept her party's vice-presidential nomination.

Here's the transcript:

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys — this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And...

Noonan: It's over.

Murphy: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

Todd: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

Noonan: Saw Kay this morning.

Todd: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this.

Murphy: They're all bummed out.

Todd: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

Noonan: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this — excuse me — political bullshit about narratives...

Todd: Yeah, they went to a narrative.

Murphy: I totally agree.

Noonan: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

Murphy: You know what's really the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

Todd: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

Karl Rove, Bill O'Reilly, Dick Morris and Nancy Pfotenhauer (McCain's senior policy advisor) sticking their collective feet in their mouths. Talk about hypocritical. :rolleyes: Pretty damn funny as only the Daily Show can do it.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=184086&title=sarah-palin-gender-card