i fail hard

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

ok well my gf wanted me to come over so i figured ide burn gas outta the stang since its just sitting.... just got home from advanced and pulled the pins out to park it and was gonna disconnect the battery... well usually i have my hood up when the battery is on the charger, but i forgot to hook it up to the charger and forgot to disconnect the battery...i was in a rush too since they were waiting on me to start a movie...so in my rush i didnt think twice about the car since the hood was down, well the pins were not in and soon as i hit 45 mph i had a nice surprise...

my hood has some minor scrapes, i think im just going to do some light sanding on it and try to get a cheap respray done since theres plenty of rock chips anyways...

but i need a hood hinge bent back, its only bent slightly so if anyone had a strong press or something to flatten it out for me please let me know...if not ill have to find a new one...

i also need a windshield, and i cant claim it on insurance...who should i call to give me a decent deal on one?

Guest tbutera2112
its not too bad...the huge cowl hood saved my car from damage... the hood has some scrapes, but the top of the cowl hit the windshield wipes and busted out the bottom of the windshield, but it stopped the hood so it didnt hit the roof and dent the roof...the hood is repairable and i had $200 set away for vacation next month, just gonna skip the vacation and fix the car so i can make it to track day

Guest Removed
Fuck dude..... that just sucks!

Car looked decent at the Advanced Meet too :thumbup:

Why can you not claim the Windshield on Ins?

KillJoy

whats he going to say a bird hit it?

when he dont have no l's? :confused:

Guest tbutera2112

rob bent the hinges, gonna mount it all up tonight and see how it goes from there... if theyre still messed up ill get new ones...pm me the number to your glass guy please john, and im gonna call robs guy too... i cant claim it on insurance since the car is only covered for theft at the moment since i dont drive it, also since its a mistake i caused, i doubt insurance will pay it... either way, there cant be an insurance claim...ive got about $250, so i hope thats enough to get the windshield fixed...i can deal with bent hinges for a little bit since i just need the car for track day, as long as the hood closes...but im gonna go mount them up and see from there...the hood didnt hit the car, so the damage isnt too bad...it flew up and got stopped by the windshield wipers, so the roof is fine and most of the hood is fine also, just needs a windshield and minor work on the hood...good learning experience i guess, fix it and move on and be more careful next time

and thanks for the compliment killjoy, yours looked good too!

Guest tbutera2112

and to top it off i cant find my damn 8mm wrench

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0660.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/SaleenSS90/CIMG0662.jpg

Guest tbutera2112
Why not put the stock hood latch back on?

it wasnt strong enough to hold the lightweight hood...had it pop up on me once...so i switched to these, and it works...when i remember to put pins in it

Guest tbutera2112
ok well the latches are alright...but the part they screw into on the driver side, pushed all the way through, so now theres nothing to screw the latch into... rob, you gonna weld it up for me?

Guest tbutera2112
i meant hinges...and theyre not perfect, but they do the job...the passenger side i have the front bolt in, but the back is in a tricky spot and im still working on it... not sure how to remove the windshield cowl so ill look at that some more, it would make it easier...and the driver side theres nowhere to screw the hinge down to the car anymore

Guest tbutera2112

hinges are fucked, im just going to buy new ones...im sick of this car hardcore...

rob, would it be easier to just add 2 more pins? and make it a lift off hood? the way it sits i need to buy hinges and i need to have one side welded on