i fail hard

Guest tbutera2112

I so want to dig up the quote of you saying you have hood pins so it doesn't do that. :lol:

Edit:

hood pins are there since the guy before me put on a fiberglass hood which weighs way less than stock...was driving down 270 (at 300mph, not 200mph) and the hood decided to pop itself...better safe than sorry!

God I love irony.

Guest tbutera2112
I so want to dig up the quote of you saying you have hood pins so it doesn't do that. :lol:

Edit:

God I love irony.

yea thats the first thing i thought of lol...but it was lifting with the stock latch also, so oh well...this time it was user error instead of mechanical failure

i called safelite to do the windshield...theyre coming to me and it was within my budget...they will be here tomorrow between 8 and 12 to fix it...$214

Guest tbutera2112
yea...expensive mistake...but shit happens, isnt the first time ive done something stupid and sure as hell wont be the last...but it will def. be the last time i let the hood fly up...im just glad it wasnt worse, was expecting a cracked hood since its makes a creak sound if i wax it too hard like its going to crack, so i was sure it woulda cracked last night...im really glad it wasnt a stock hood or it woulda smashed in the roof