Snowmobiles

phugitive

Anyone know of a good place to ride a snowmobile? I usually ride in the yard or on the streets when we have a snowstorm.

What kind of snowmobile?

I'm not sure where Kent is but Alum Creek has or had a snowmobile trail...only like 7 miles though. IDK, if they are still open and most likely not groomed or well marked though.

As mentioned earlier, Michigan is going to be your best bet for snowmobiling. PM if you want more info on where to go, etc.

Its a 77 kawasaki intruder 440, 2 cylinder 2 stroke. I bought it on ebay for $125 and the guy even delivered it to my house. I had to fix a hole in the hood with fiberglass and painted that area black on both sides, came out good. I also pulled the motor and put in new pistons,rings and new seals. The carburetors were in a box missing half the pieces so I located needles, jets and misc screws and such and synced them with a mercury stick. Also rebuilt the fuel pump and replaced all the lines and install a new primer. Repaired the pull start, installed the seat, gas tank and hood hinges. I think I have under $400 in it, bought it in an october was finished by november. It sat all year outside under a tarp with the same gas it had in it from last year and started first pull. It had like 500 miles on it when I got it. These things are fast and a blast. If something happened to this one I would get another right away, they are that much fun.

:dj: Some of those fan-cooled sleds are surprisingly fast. I started out riding my grandparents old Ski-Doo Saga (377cc i believe) and it was a lot of fun b/c it was so light and easy to throw around the turns....much slower than a 440 though.

Anyways, I keep my sled up in Indian River, MI at my grandparents so if you (or anybody else for that matter) is interested in making a trip to Michigan to snowmobile...let me know.

Sleds can be rented, too!

:dj: Some of those fan-cooled sleds are surprisingly fast. I started out riding my grandparents old Ski-Doo Saga (377cc i believe) and it was a lot of fun b/c it was so light and easy to throw around the turns....much slower than a 440 though.

Anyways, I keep my sled up in Indian River, MI at my grandparents so if you (or anybody else for that matter) is interested in making a trip to Michigan to snowmobile...let me know.

Sleds can be rented, too!

YES, put me down on that list..