halfway through the nitrous setup

88lx5oh

my setup will consist of, NOS bottle, NX Iceman solenoids, NX purge, Dynotune bottle heater, Holley FPR for the fuel solenoid, NOS cheater plate, ill be jetted for a 150 shot. with shitty street tires blowing the tires off, probably cutting 2.0 60ft times id hope for a mid 13 pass.. i know shitty, but i need DRs... if i can swing it ill pick those up before Oct. 3rd, but the way this kit is killing me on cost, and having to change over rubber fuel lines to braided i dont know if it will happen.

hopefully this is complete by the end of the month lol.

got some wiring ran, and got my cheater plate, and solenoid bracket on. ran some lines nitrous lines, and main line to the trunk. still have to wire up the jegs micro throttle switch, and MSD window switch, along wiht the solenoids.

i have a ton to do, still waiting on stuff in the mail, like my bottle brackets, jets, i have a nice stainless braided dual feed line for the carb coming, bottle heater...

and still have to go back to jegs for more shit like, another holley FPR, braided line for some fuel stuff, and to plum from the reg to the noid, then a line to the noid to the plate. new plugs, blah blah blah.. alot more work than i fugured, and alot more costly.. and the worst part is i gotta go get my bottle re certified gayness!!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/DSC_0219.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/DSC_0222-2.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/DSC_0223.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/hoblick/DSC_0224.jpg

you do know that a nos jetting with a nx solenoid will not be a 150 shot.

different companys solenoids have differend size holes in them. same with fuel solenoids.

did you call nx for thier jetting. also a nos plate and nx plate dont work the same.

different companys solenoids have differend size holes in them. same with fuel solenoids.

did you call nx for thier jetting. also a nos plate and nx plate dont work the same.

why wouldnt my setup work??

if i have any solenoid.. no matter what it is... its going to be releasing nitrous and on the other side fuel through a 4an line. when it gets to the NOS plate, there will be NOS jets, so no matter what Solenoid i would be using the NOS Jetting. the nitrous isnt going to flow any faster from one noid to another, just quantity of nitrous/fuel, which is then restricted with JETS to desired amount

i dont see how a solenoid that opens and closes allowing nitrous through, no matter what size orifice its going through, will matter. when it gets to the jet size and plate setup is what matters. thats where the jetting is. and there jetting chart is different from NX , you cant use a NOS jet in a NX plate obviously.. and there size chart is different an NX #51 isnt going to be the same size jet in diameter as a NOS #51.

i mean NOS makes several solenoids, the powershot, obvisouly having a smaller orifice to travel through will only flow X amount of nitrous, step up to a bigger NOS solenoid you will get a bigger orifice in the noid, which will then allow you to flow more nitrous, hence why the powershot noids are only good up to a 150 shot.

same will go with NX, ZEX, TNT, Edelbrock, nitrousworks..

or is there something im missing here??

hell here is an article from car craft, the test 6 different plates, but us the same NOS Big Shot Noids.. all they use is the plate and jets from the different manufacturers.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_0511_nos_comparison/index.html

it is due to pressure drop through the solenoids and plates. a nos big shot noid might only drop pressure from 900 to 400 but a similar nx might drop pressure to 350psi

now with a diff amount of pressure at the jet will change the amount of spray.

im shure its not a lot but there is deff a diff in jetting. a 150 nos shot uses more fuel jet than a similar nx kit for the same power level.

but a lot of people have mixed and matched and made it work. evan more have holes in the side of the block and pistons with fried carbs because they got it wrong. i would say call nx to see what their jetting is then go to holley.com techlibrary to get the nos jetting and go off of that.

ive ran power levels up to 300 and never evan burnt 1 spark plug. but ive always stuck with one mfg and one kit well two kits. dual cheater and big shot.

but if you havent ever sprayed before and keeping it below 150 you should be able to tune off of the plug . just pull more timing and use a little larger fuel jet and sneak up on it. i used a digital 6 to pull my timing. motor at 36deg locked out. box pulling out 4 deg on 125, 6 deg on 150 and 8 deg for 225 with 9.9 deg at 250 plus.

i always ran below 225 shot with a ngk r5671a-8 then 250 and up r5671a-9.

deff run a colder plug evan though they say stock heat range at 150. its cheap ins.

i hope that helps at all

that is the same reason you cant run a cheater solenoid past a 250 shot the noid cant flow enough nos for the larger jet. so you step up to the big shot. larger holes inside

the mags do use the same big shot noid because it is one of the larges with the least amount of pressure drop for similar size shots from 250-350+. but the comparos would be more evan if they used each mfgs noids so the jetting was spot on.

and the hitman noids are better the the bigshot crap! what does nos use on bigshot? a cheater fuel noid and a pro n2o noid....he is limited buy the fact he has a cheater plate!, hes done at 250.

and he dont plan on running more then 200! now what? you act like he is tryyin to spray 400 at this thing...

i know he said he was wanting to spray 150. please dont act like you know eveything about nos. i know i dont.i was just trying to help.

and a larger than neede noid with the cheater plate will move more nos because of pressure. so he would have to run less jet to get the same 150 shot.

have you ever read the nos book that jegs and many other stores sell. i have and its all inthere

ok jsut looking off the NOS site, for comparison...

if using the cheater system Smaller noids than a BIG SHOT.. jetting for a 180hp shot is .073/.082

now for the BIG SHOT kit the same jet size will net you 175 hp

so running bigger noids, still jetting the same as i would for the smaller noid will actually be a bit safer. horsepower drop, and NOS is always on the fat side in comparison to other MFGs

basically im gonna have to jsut jet it till i get where i need to be.. but starting out with what NOS recommended is where ill start

just drop more timing and sneak up on it i was just wanting to throw that out there for most new nos users dont understand the noids part in the syste. same reason fuel pressure is so critical. all my lines are -6 i do have a -4 tee fitting but no lines are you needing it for the nos filter? if so i have a -4 nos filter to 1/4 or 1/8th i believe.

i know he said he was wanting to spray 150. please dont act like you know eveything about nos. i know i dont.i was just trying to help.

and a larger than neede noid with the cheater plate will move more nos because of pressure. so he would have to run less jet to get the same 150 shot.

have you ever read the nos book that jegs and many other stores sell. i have and its all inthere

yeah i have...but pressure is pressure. and duh you tune it with jets and pressure's! it all about reading the plugs! :rolleyes:

and the only reason the power levels change is due to the holes in the plate. cheater plate has less holes in it, big shot has way more holes in the spray bars.

my 180 with the cheater system, was a 210 with the big shot! and the only thing with the noids is the cheater kit noids max out at 250 or so and become unstable in the deliverly side.where the big shot (spray side) max's out at double that, but funny they share the same fuel noid. and bottle pressure and fuel deliverly is going to play most of the roll in this system.