100% serious question for Christians and science geeks :)

thorne

I tried to propose Theistic Evolution but the 6dayers won't accept it.

Collins has described his parents as "only nominally Christian" and by graduate school he considered himself an atheist. However, dealing with dying patients led him to question his religious views, and he investigated various faiths. He became an evangelical Christian after observing the faith of his critically ill patients and reading Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis.[7]

from wiki. It had nothing to do with the Genome shit.

Okay so he's going around completely lying or is wiki not exactly correct since it can be edited and does get edited by anyone even people who'd edit wrong? He gets on talk radio several times a year and tells the story. Could be just selling books though:-)

Evan

• 2 weeks later...
1. The big bang and God can not exist together. At least not with the religion I follow. It is not logical for the big bang to happen plus a week to create everything in existence. Like you said God has been and will always be beyond comprehension of man.

2. I don't think "God Particle" is a correct way to explain what we may find. This is just learning what may have happened in the past. Recreating this is not creating God by any means.

3. I am ready to go to heaven so the black hole can come. And if I am lucky we will be sent to a parallel dimension. According to my religion this wouldn't happen, but all the episodes of Stargate I have watched makes me wish it would happen...

I have had too many personal experiences with life to make me think God does not exist. Too much detail for me to type up. If you want to talk about in person I can do that... I should be dead right now but I am still alive. There has to be a logical reason for this.

Uhh, luck?

You lived for the same reason that a deer lived or the racoon lived that I almost hit. You lived for the same reason I went on a roller coaster that could've killed us all and didn't but the same kind of coaster killed someone else before. You lived the same way I lived when I was shot in the back. You lived for same reason Thorne did. Luck. Do any of you really think that God stepped in to save a man from committing suicide? If you say yes, step closer so I can smack some sense into you and the hypocrisy and bigotry from you. You lived because your chances are the same whether you live or die from day to day. You live because you are your own being and even if this God you believe in existed, wouldn't step in just to save your life and and let another die. It says right in your own Bible, summed up for you here; you have free will, you choose. If he exists, He's left you to your own devices. He's said in so many words, you're on your own. Worship me if you want into heaven, follow my teaching, etc. If not, your time will come in the end. (Which I've got about a ton of reasons why it's complete bs if that's His belief.) He doesn't give two shits and a fuck about your fight, your football team, your 80yr old grandmother, or terrorists. It's our job to do what is right and reach for the kingdom of heaven. If you believe in that kinda thing. I choose not to. Do you have any idea how hard it'll be to drive a powerful sports car on golden streets?! ;) Not heaven to me.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k58/ImUrOBGYN/AtheistsWin.jpg

Think about it. Or don't. Probably won't matter. I've found the less evidence there is in proving something, the more fanatical and less logical those who want to believe are about it. It's inevitable and the only way the human mind can deal with something of that nature. I'd even go so far as saying genetics may even have something to do with it. Good study quite some time ago on it. May have to look for it later.

the Alterans started life in this galaxy, then ascended. they are our "gods" or creators.

anyone can verify this. they made a show about.

i believe something similar.

god is the sum of mans ignorance.

buahahahahaha

+rep for me and trowa probobly being the only two people to understand this.

1. The big bang and God can not exist together. At least not with the religion I follow. It is not logical for the big bang to happen plus a week to create everything in existence. Like you said God has been and will always be beyond comprehension of man.

2. I don't think "God Particle" is a correct way to explain what we may find. This is just learning what may have happened in the past. Recreating this is not creating God by any means.

3. I am ready to go to heaven so the black hole can come. And if I am lucky we will be sent to a parallel dimension. According to my religion this wouldn't happen, but all the episodes of Stargate I have watched makes me wish it would happen...

I have had too many personal experiences with life to make me think God does not exist. Too much detail for me to type up. If you want to talk about in person I can do that... I should be dead right now but I am still alive. There has to be a logical reason for this.

So if man cannot comprehend god, isn't is possible there is no logical reason for you being alive?

Saying there has to be a logical reason is a very large assumption.

In two places in the bible (Psalm 90:4 & 2 peter 3:8) it says that to God a thousand years is like a day, and a day is like a thousand years. When the bible is talking about time, we need to know who's perspective that time is. Also be mindful how often the bible reminds man that we were formed from dust.

but with that being said, it is by no means a requirement for salvation to believe one way or the other.

in conclusion a day isnt a day consitantly in man's standards either. Even we know today that our "day" isn't the the universal day for all existance. If one of us stood on saturn a day would not be 24 hours, but instead would be 10 hours 40 minutes at least that's what textbooks say, i've never been there :D.

I agree with imyourobgyn on on thing, i dont think that God has a huge preference when the Redskins play the Cowboys.

In two places in the bible (Psalm 90:4 & 2 peter 3:8) it says that to God a thousand years is like a day, and a day is like a thousand years. When the bible is talking about time, we need to know who's perspective that time is. Also be mindful how often the bible reminds man that we were formed from dust.

but with that being said, it is by no means a requirement for salvation to believe one way or the other.

in conclusion a day isnt a day consitantly in man's standards either. Even we know today that our "day" isn't the the universal day for all existance. If one of us stood on saturn a day would not be 24 hours, but instead would be 10 hours 40 minutes at least that's what textbooks say, i've never been there :D.

I agree with imyourobgyn on on thing, i dont think that God has a huge preference when the Redskins play the Cowboys.

Well, we may be incorrect on that specific thing. You see, the Cowboys are "America's Team" and America is "God's Country", so... No wait. Cowboys lost tonight. Our theory stands. :D

• 2 weeks later...