Need some help with small block chevy buildup...

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

Here is what I am working on for my race car for next season. I currently have a crate ZZ4 350 from GM performance. I had some port work done w/ bigger cam (295 ~ 305 @ .558 lift) "hyd roller" Performer RPM intake, built 4150 holly carb for engine specs. This set up with pump gas has ran best time of date 12.01 @ 109 in the 1/4. This year I want to step up a bit mid to low 11's. I have picked up a set of Dart Pro 1 heads complete 64cc 210 cc intake w/ double valve springs and max .620 lift cam shaft. But if I was to bolt these on it would decrease my compression to 11 to 1 down to 9.5 to 1. But the air flow would be much better and may pick up some MPH on the big end? Should I pull out the flat top pistons and get a set of dome and step up the comp ratio? Should I get a bigger cam? I just want to run a bit faster?

Any Ideas or help would be great?

Thanks!

Dan

btw, my camaro ran 12.83 with a 10.5cr 355 and a .452 lift cam with cast iron dart iron eagle heads, those are like the heads you have. that was also with a foot brake off idle on suck ass 245 street tires that didn't do much for my 1.90 60ft. it did put 452 at the flywheel though. the holley messed up on it and right before i replaced it the chassis dyno it had 299 rwhp with an 18:1 A/F. uber lean.

Yea I am starting to wonder if I am having some fuel issues myself, I am only running a Holley mech. fuel pump, but with my gauge I am seeing 3.5 - 4 lbs of fuel pressure at 6200 rpm, just may not have enough valume? I am going to upgrade the fuel system as well.

Yea I am starting to wonder if I am having some fuel issues myself, I am only running a Holley mech. fuel pump, but with my gauge I am seeing 3.5 - 4 lbs of fuel pressure at 6200 rpm, just may not have enough valume? I am going to upgrade the fuel system as well.

id upgrade that first...you should be running high 11's asis!