What rag/applicator to clean metallic brake dust wheels?

hpfiend

Hey guys/gals...

My car has very agressive brake pads ( supposedly a custom blend with GM and Hawk that is between their HPS and HPS+ pads). Either way they get really dirty REALLY fast- 3-4 days and they are about black in normal driving.

What rag/applicator do you guys use on these areas? I am afraid to use something reuseable like microfiber etc as I feel the semi-metallic shavings might not come out in the wash and may contaminate my other towels/wash mitt. Today I used water and a nasty terry cloth towel I had in the shop that I cut a clean corner off of and plan to throw it away.

Thanks!

Andrew

I use Microfiber gloves and wash wheels with my hands. I've tried just about every brush and gizmo on the market and there's always some part of the wheel that needs to be gone over again becasue spots couldn't be reached. I've been using the gloves for about a year now and granted they don't last too terribly long and sometimes you can jam your fingers here and there but I've never found anything more effective at cleaning the wheels correctly the first time without additional effort. AND they're made from microfiber so they're safe for the finish too.

http://www.autogeek.net/pairglov.html

There's also a new wheel brush on the market that I havn't yet tried and have been thinking about picking up. Mainly because I can't fit my hands between the spokes of every wheel on the market which doesn't allow me to clean the inner barrels of the wheels very well. I've been thinking of picking this brush up for times when I need something smaller to reach between the spokes to get the inside of the wheels clean.

http://www.autogeek.net/ezdebrfca.html