Walbro pump update (probably mostly for Anthony)

kenny

As you know I have been in contact with Walbro High Performance regarding the failure of some fuel pumps. Thanks to the cooperation of the Turbo Buick community using the pumps you sent in Walbro was able to identify a problem with some of the F2000169 fuel pumps. By taking the pumps apart and putting each part on the assembly line to be installed in new pumps (a very time consuming process) it was determined that a small plastic plug inside the pump near the inlet can come loose in certain conditions causing an internal leak and a loss of pressure. Without your help finding this problem would not have been possible. It does not affect all F2000169 pumps or any other part numbers. It is due to the inlet design of this pump and caused by a slightly out of spec part from a US supplier. Walbro has agreed to exchange all F2000169 pumps working or not to remedy this problem. They have asked me to extend their apology and thanks for the support through the years. They fully intend to make good on these pumps. The offending part is going through a priority redesign right now and I am working with the performance engineer to come up with a suitable solution we can apply right away so we do not have to wait until that is done. In the next few days we should have a plan in place and I will post a method so you can send these pumps and we can get them exchanged. So far I have received 16 pumps (not very many) and I have records of who sent them in they will be first to get new units. Once again this ONLY applies to the F2000169, no problems have been found with other units. Both Walbro and I regret any inconvenience this has caused and will get the pumps replaced as quickly as possible. Walbro is proud to be the most cost effective (while still being one of the best) US MADE high performace in tank fuel pump solutions available.

:)