McCain/Palin Turn to Risky Politics

Razorback

Good article. I caught some of this stuff on Anderson Cooper last night about the over the line outbursts from McCain/Palin supporters...just wow. I think I'll be voting for "The Other One". McCain doesn't even deserve to be on the ballot. I'm a registered Republican and there's no way I'd vote for him.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchell/1211242,CST-NWS-mitch09.article

I don't think any candidate is always responsible for what their supporters say or do. With that said I do think McCain and especially Palin have given speeches designed to stoke raw racial/religious resentments.

It's been a necessity for McCain to take some chances in this campaign if he was going to have a chance of winning and it's a miracle (or another sign of the Democrats ineptitude) that it has been close for so long.

got this in an email the other day. it raises a few questions.

This lady has a point. Read Obamas actual lines from his books

Obama's 143 Days of Senate Experience

Posted by Cheri Jacobus

May 5, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have in terms of actual work days? Not much.

From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.

143 days -- I keep leftovers in my refrigerator longer than that.

In contrast, John McCain's 26 years in Congress, 22 years of military service including 1,966 days in captivity as a POW in Hanoi now seem more impressive than ever. At 71, John McCain may just be hitting his stride.

Think about IT!!!

Think you know who this man is?

This possible President of the United States !! Read Below and

ask yourselves, is this REALLY someone we can see as the

President of our great nation!!!!

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

>From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothe r's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe.. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

>From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

* If you have never forwarded an e-mail, now is the time to Do so!!!! We CANNOT have someone with this type of mentality running our GREAT nation!

got this in an email the other day. it raises a few questions.

This lady has a point. Read Obamas actual lines from his books

Obama's 143 Days of Senate Experience

Posted by Cheri Jacobus

May 5, 2008 at 5:35 pm

Just how much Senate experience does Barack Obama have in terms of actual work days? Not much.

From the time Barack Obama was sworn in as a United State Senator, to the time he announced he was forming a Presidential exploratory committee, he logged 143 days of experience in the Senate. That's how many days the Senate was actually in session and working.

After 143 days of work experience, Obama believed he was ready to be Commander In Chief, Leader of the Free World, and fill the shoes of Abraham Lincoln, FDR, JFK and Ronald Reagan.

143 days -- I keep leftovers in my refrigerator longer than that.

In contrast, John McCain's 26 years in Congress, 22 years of military service including 1,966 days in captivity as a POW in Hanoi now seem more impressive than ever. At 71, John McCain may just be hitting his stride.

Think about IT!!!

Think you know who this man is?

This possible President of the United States !! Read Below and

ask yourselves, is this REALLY someone we can see as the

President of our great nation!!!!

Below are a few lines from Obama's books; In his words!

>From Dreams of My Father: 'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'

From Dreams of My Father : 'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mothe r's race.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe.. And white.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'

From Dreams of My Father: 'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa , that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself , the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!

>From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

* If you have never forwarded an e-mail, now is the time to Do so!!!! We CANNOT have someone with this type of mentality running our GREAT nation!

I won't say they're lies or true, but to give quotes out of context is a common method to spread FUD.

Regardless, Obama is the only candidate who has used race as an opportunity or hindrance.

Around black folk, he points out he's black. Around white folk, he points out he is half white.

I don't give a fuck which he is, as soon as it became an issue and he picked sides - he became a racist, in my opinion.

If you're going to be POTUS, you better be worried about the country, which has more races than black and white. It just goes to show you how selfish he is.

This is Scarey

Interesting video, what I liked most is after people felt sheltered in their group of supporters is whenever the camera man walked up to them and asked them to elaborate they were all a lot quieter.

Sorry for the extreme run-on.

This one also

Lol keep em comin. I do understand that people think they know Palin better due to the face that she looks like them and they prolly didnt give the democratic ticket a chance to start with so they watch Palin interviews like desperate housewives.

This is false.

What event have you attended where he's brought up his race? or if you could produce a video or speech showing where he has brought it up, I'll admit I'm wrong. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything, I just haven't witnessed him doing that.

What event have you attended where he's brought up his race? or if you could produce a video or speech showing where he has brought it up, I'll admit I'm wrong. I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or anything, I just haven't witnessed him doing that.

(You asked for it, so here it is) ;)

Look, you can believe what you want. I don't give a shit. A quick Google search produced this little morsel: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2007/08/obama_says_he_can_turn_out_bla.php

There are other articles and news reports of him saying certain things. I don't remember them all. I mean seriously! What was your teacher's names in K-5th grades? Oh, you can't name them - but I'm sure you had them right? Don't take my word for it - go search for yourself.

I don't keep track of all the things that make me believe what I do - who the fuck does? Don't call me out like your beliefs and experiences are superior. Just becasue you haven't heard something doesn't mean it's not true and it doesn't put the burden of proof on the person suggesting it. This isn't a court of law. This is CfuckingR.

I don't know if you'll ever find my previous post verbatim either. I listen to what everyone says and form my own opinions. What I said was: "Around black folk, he points out he's black. Around white folk, he points out he is half white." This is my opinion - I didn't read this somewhere. This is my analysis of events I have witnessed. I try to refrain from spamming the board with outside opinions like some who are too intellectually challenged to posts their own ideals of what's going on. Like: "Look at the this article!!! I knew that guy was Satan...blah, blah, blah..." Get a fucking life and an opinion of your own.

If you don't agree with me, fine. Don't call my analysis false becasue you have NO supporting evidence to prove otherwise. Next time, just don't say anything and go find evidence to disprove my argument THEN come back and say it's false becasue of blah, blah, blah... Fucking elawyers.

a registered republican watching anderson cooper....I call BS :)

Hey punk there was nothing else on. :)

I just couldn't believe how out of control it got. Clearly the article writer is a black female as some of you have pointed out, but that's not the point. The point is regardless of whether it's a black female author from Chicago or an old white guy from Phoenix, what happened, happened and Palin either didn't have the common sense to recognize that this was WAY over the line, or felt that the behavior was acceptable -- whichever it is, it says something about Palin/McCain. McCain should be on national news apologizing and stating that these uncontrolled comments do not represent his campaign. If it had been reversed, the right wing would be going crazy demanding something be done.

(You asked for it, so here it is) ;)

Look, you can believe what you want. I don't give a shit. A quick Google search produced this little morsel: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2007/08/obama_says_he_can_turn_out_bla.php

There are other articles and news reports of him saying certain things. I don't remember them all. I mean seriously! What was your teacher's names in K-5th grades? Oh, you can't name them - but I'm sure you had them right? Don't take my word for it - go search for yourself.

I don't keep track of all the things that make me believe what I do - who the fuck does? Don't call me out like your beliefs and experiences are superior. Just becasue you haven't heard something doesn't mean it's not true and it doesn't put the burden of proof on the person suggesting it. This isn't a court of law. This is CfuckingR.

I don't know if you'll ever find my previous post verbatim either. I listen to what everyone says and form my own opinions. What I said was: "Around black folk, he points out he's black. Around white folk, he points out he is half white." This is my opinion - I didn't read this somewhere. This is my analysis of events I have witnessed. I try to refrain from spamming the board with outside opinions like some who are too intellectually challenged to posts their own ideals of what's going on. Like: "Look at the this article!!! I knew that guy was Satan...blah, blah, blah..." Get a fucking life and an opinion of your own.

If you don't agree with me, fine. Don't call my analysis false becasue you have NO supporting evidence to prove otherwise. Next time, just don't say anything and go find evidence to disprove my argument THEN come back and say it's false becasue of blah, blah, blah... Fucking elawyers.

I have attended a couple events where he spoke and he didn't bring up his race is all. I have watched many speeches where he hasn't brought it up either. That article doesn't equate to "Around black folk, he points out he's black. Around white folk, he points out he is half white."

1st grade teacher - Ms. Thatcher

2nd grade teacher - Mrs. Anderson

3rd grade teacher - Mrs. Dryer

4th grade teacher - Mrs. Keller

5th grade teacher - I honestly don't remember

Again, I wasn't looking to argue, you just stated something that is false (but true to you, I get that). And I haven't cussed at you at all, I don't know why you feel the need to do so.

Hmmm, a black woman from chicago doesn't like what mccain/palin are saying about obama? Shocker. Not that I support calling him a terrorist, but really, I'd rather read Ted Kennedy's blog for an impartial opinion.

Racist. Seriously. Don't worry, you aren't the only one who's posted in this thread. Her race shouldn't determine whether or not you take stock in what she says. The fact some of you are so quick to discount her simply based on her race is not only a sign of racism (as there's many "flavors"), but a sign of a judgemental and ignorant thought process. I'm not saying this to bust balls or be a dick, I'm doing it in the hopes that some of you who don't realize this train of thought, will correct it.

You cannot make a rational decision with this kind of thinking. It closes your mind.