Myth Buster.....Hangovers.

Main3s

staying awake until im sober would be incredibly hard to do. generally when im drunk, it's during the week when i have to get up early for work the next day...

after a couple beers, i have to pee every 20-30 mins, thats not an issue! but i have low platelets and am assuming beer is just bad anyway haha

I meant peeing after you are done drinking alcohol and moved on to water...

For these findings to be correct you need to drink the same alcohol at the same time and eating the same food the same time each night.

I just always throw back about 3-4 Tylenol before bed and I feel fine each time. Even Saturday night when I had 22 beers from 7PM to 3AM.

Had a hangover this morning, had to call in my customer and tell him I had some things to do this morning. Drank some water and a b complex vitman, slept an extra two hours, woke up and felt fine, went to work.

thats what its all about right there.

One thing you could try is, not getting drunk all the time. It works like a charm for me.

I thought about that, but then what would do on Friday and Saturday nights!? ;)

Seriously though you're probably right, this thread just makes me seem like a drunk.

For those of you that are using tylenol or other brands of acetaminophen before bedtime when drunk do yourself a favor right now and STOP!

acetaminophen is converted to a toxic metabolite when combined with alcohol and the ever present alcohol dehydrogenase that breaks down alcohol in the process of clearing it from your system. This metabolite will absolutely destroy your liver in no time

Ibuprofen w/ water or better yet just plain water is a better idea.

Ever wonder why some women and people of asian descent of equal bodyweight to men cannot handle their liquor? While not universal they typically have less copies of the same enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase.

most of a hangover is caused by lack of sleep A) because you are typically up late drinking and B) alcohol inhibits REM sleep which means in an exaggerated example if you sleep 4 hours you are really sleeping 2 and for another major part dehydration causes the symptoms of hangover as the enzymatic reaction that breaks down alcohol uses water from your system so hydrating is what will reduce the effects water is also used in the filtration of the toxin from your body in your kidneys- and of course purging the system by vomiting causes you to get a lot of the alcohol out of the body so yes drink lots of water/gatorade with its electrolytes can accelerate hydration to a point and if you can vomit.

And yes conesmasher those are great recommendations for curing nausea... BRAT - bananas, rice, apple sauce, toast.

And I thought my degrees were a total waste-

Yeah I was going to say not to eat tylonel after drinking. It even says it on the pill box!

If you drink the same thing all night just drink water when done. All your beers in your 24 pack gone? Drink water for an hour. It is that simple.

I was being serious, a heavy dose of B complex vitamins are great for hangovers, both energy drinks I've found to cure my hangovers have had a major dose of B12 in them.

I wasnt being the spelling police ;)

Cool.

Anyone ever try "hair of the dog" energy drink. There were a few places in Columbus that sold it. Citgo on Olentangy and Marathon on Polaris/71 were the places I knew. It was basically a detox, tons of vitamin C, two liver detox, and some B vitamins, and a bunch of other good stuff. Take one before you went to bed or as soon as you woke up. Destroyed the hangover.