Changing minds

El Karacho1647545492

We've had this political mayhem area for a while now and obviously its a hotbed of activity. But I do wonder...has ANYTHING in this area actually changed anyone's mind? For instance, were you going to vote for McCain and then saw an incendiary article from the Obama camp that Thorne posted and you were like "omgz my conscience I can't vote for McCain anymore!?"

I ask because this area is filled with more retardation than the Oven and the Kitchen combined.

I for one have become a more avid Obama supporter because of all the dumbfuck McCain/Palin drivel that gets posted here. I was just gonna vote absentee and be done with it, but now I'm encouraging Ohioans here in Boston to register back in OH instead of MA, since their vote is more important.

This election has caused me to lose faith in the individuality of Americans, actually. There's more bullshit about Obama on her than McCain and Palin combined, so I'm confuzzled to where you got that from. It's quite pathetic that anyone can actually accept either the republican or the democratic nominees in this election.

This election has caused me to lose faith in the individuality of Americans, actually. There's more bullshit about Obama on her than McCain and Palin combined, so I'm confuzzled to where you got that from. It's quite pathetic that anyone can actually accept either the republican or the democratic nominees in this election.

Sadly, its all we have (the bipartisan system). The difference between the Obama shit and the McCain/Palin stuff here IMO is qualitative. The stuff going after Obama is comprised of so many unsubstantiated claims that I've become disgusted with the entire Republican party this year.

I always considered myself a moderate, certainly a fiscal conservative, but I can't align myself with the people McCain surrounds himself with. I think he'd be a fine president, but in my mind he made the mistake of hiring goons like Steve Schmidt, one of Karl Rove's former aides who helped Bush's 04 campaign of "outrage". He's contributed nothing but negativity to the campaign trail, which is something I consider deplorable and disgusting. While I agree Obama is no saint, his attack ads have consistently gone after McCain's policy as well as his character (with the exception of the Keating Five thing, which is retaliation for the Bill Ayers thing). But the lies and deceit of Palin have hurt too. In the VP debate, one moment she talked about how she fought tooth and nail to keep the oil companies from gaining power in Alaska, then 20 minutes later she said we should use Alaskan oil resources to reduce dependence on foreign oil!

When I go to mark Obama on my ballot, at least I know the kind of person I'm voting for, for better or worse. I just don't know about McCain.

After the 2nd debate, one thing I read really solidified it for me; one of the talking heads described McCain as "angry and aggressive" while Obama looked "presidential". Never heard a more accurate description of that debate.

Looks like you answered you own question.

But I do wonder...has ANYTHING in this area actually changed anyone's mind?

I for one have become a more avid Obama supporter because of all the dumbfuck McCain/Palin drivel that gets posted here.

I think it's pathetic to support a candidate becasue some Internet forum has asshats posting stupid shit. If you log into CR to look for unbiased political information to base your judgment, you're an idiot.

But I do wonder...has ANYTHING in this area actually changed anyone's mind?

I for one have become a more avid Obama supporter because of all the dumbfuck McCain/Palin drivel that gets posted here. I was just gonna vote absentee and be done with it, but now I'm encouraging Ohioans here in Boston to register back in OH instead of MA, since their vote is more important.

To answer question #1 -- no.

I agree with your paragraph about being a more avid Obama supporter. I originally was a strong Ron Paul supporter (and still think he'd be better than both of the current candidates). I didn't like the way McCain treated him during the primaries so that had already turned me against McCain along with his pro illegal immigration stance. I didn't like Romney a lot as a person as he was also very arrogant toward Ron Paul, but I may have voted for Romney over Obama as I agreed with most of his views except Iraq and possibly abortion -- can't remember what his view was on that -- I liked that he was strongly opposed to illegal immigration. When the other Republicans in this country elected, who is in my opinion, the worst Republican candidate as the nominee, that automatically put me in Obama's court. And the constant lying from McCain and his abysmal choice of a running mate have just continually solidified my Obama vote on a daily basis. Here's a link to a report on Daily Scandal Palin now saying she's glad she was cleared of any hint of unethical behavior -- just wow.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/12/palin-ive-been-cleared-of-any-hint-of-unethical-activity/

I just don't see how anyone can vote for this Republican ticket besides the rich people who will benefit from the McCain tax plan. It's just beyond me. This will be my first Democratic vote for President ever. I'll be happy to cast it given the alternative.

I've done my best to curb my posts about obama because I relize my frustration is wasted. Those left that are voting for mccain are voting it for various reasons that seem to be unrelated to campiegn ideology.

I won't lie I've been very vocal about my reasoning. I just hope no matter who we get they can turn things around.

I have no other place to conversate with intelligent closed minded idiots elsewhere......yes I said it.....intelligent idiots.

I don't necessarily come here to visit with like minded individuals, I come here to challenge my thinking, my neo-con, freedom loving, capatilist ways. I know how people like me think.....it is the others that I have trouble understanding. So in a sense, I come here to diversify my "political portfolio".

excellent article, will forward to fellow Obama supporters.

I was already an Obama supporter before I got into reading Poltical Mayhem, its just that the articles posted here against Obama made me MORE of a supporter. Not out of vengeance, but just because I'm sick of slander campaigning.

Back to the quoted link tho, everyone should read it.

I have no other place to conversate with intelligent closed minded idiots elsewhere......yes I said it.....intelligent idiots.

I don't necessarily come here to visit with like minded individuals, I come here to challenge my thinking, my neo-con, freedom loving, capatilist ways. I know how people like me think.....it is the others that I have trouble understanding. So in a sense, I come here to diversify my "political portfolio".

I'll say CR has a quite diverse way of thinkin/views/political opinions. I'd rather watch this section that anything on TV, there's some threads I can't stop laughing about at times.