Chad's Turbo Kit for the 5 Liter Mustang

DTM Brian

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started this weekend to make the 4v kits. Im going run that same 70mm and hopefully over the winter build the motor and shoot for some maybe around 60% more power than what the car previously had with the s/c setup.....

The numbers for this car will be a lot higher once the TKO600 and the Competition Stage 5 clutch go in it... ;)

cant wait to see it, make sure you let me know when its goin back, I gotta get out there for sure. You blow a gear out in that thing already or just wanted a stronger tranny?

I am going to be doing a job here soon that should pocket me around 2k in the next couple of weeks I will be giving this Chad person a call haha, Might be interested depending on what other funds I need to dump into to car besides turbo kit

Prob wouldnt work too well with a speed density car now would it?

I am going to be doing a job here soon that should pocket me around 2k in the next couple of weeks I will be giving this Chad person a call haha, Might be interested depending on what other funds I need to dump into to car besides turbo kit

Prob wouldnt work too well with a speed density car now would it?

I have never setup a 5.0 with speed density. To be honest I really dont know what differences there would be and what would be involved. Ill try and dig into this and see what I can find out or see what differences there will be on setup of the kit.

what about exhaust? factory fit or custom? Maybe im dumb but i thought i read that you guys just dumped it

turbos actually make good sound mufflers themselves. you could run it through a blow through resonator if you wanted but really it wont be anywhere near as loud as a N/A motor that has no cats or mufflers.

My red car was pretty loud actually. I had the dynomax race bullet I was going to run with it and just do a turndown right before the axle. Setup that way it should sound pretty nasty and not be too loud. My friend had a twin setup that was pretty quite with the open exhaust but this setup ended up pretty loud.

chad, are the 2v kits for 96-04, and are they ready yet?

today we just got the 2v production kit in to make sure everything was ok before we ok the full production run. Everything bolted up nicely so we will ok the production in the next day or so. I dont know if it will be a bolt on for the 96-8 cars? We did the mockup on a 02 so I know 99-04 is covered but I will have to get a car in to test on or have someone test on the 96-8 car to verify.

today we just got the 2v production kit in to make sure everything was ok before we ok the full production run. Everything bolted up nicely so we will ok the production in the next day or so. I dont know if it will be a bolt on for the 96-8 cars? We did the mockup on a 02 so I know 99-04 is covered but I will have to get a car in to test on or have someone test on the 96-8 car to verify.

price for these cars or ball park??