Ref Tackles QB

DaddyBuiltRacing

im gonna have to call nanigans on that. that would be all over the news if that actually happened.

Your right that was me and my friends. We all dressed up as opposing teams and refs and faked just to start a rumor. Guess it didn't last as long as bigfoot.

Direct Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWdBgUBqw&eurl=http://ballhype.com/video/gamecocks_garcia_tackled_by_ref/

WTF was that about? Did anyone catch that game a few weeks ago (can't remember if it was pro or college though I think it was college), where the ref grabbed one of the players from behind in a choke hold and fell to the ground? I wish I could remember what game it was....

SEC looked into it and said he "was protecting himself" and was not out of line. Best part about this story is the Ref was a LB at Kentucky lol and a beast of one from what they were saying on ESPN today, if you watch the film closely you can see him moving with the qb, squaring up, tucking his neck and delivering a shot like a LB is taught lol

Not only that but he moved latterally with the qb, a line judge's job is to stay in the middle of the field not to be over by the hash mark. Oh yeah just for legitimacy this was on ESPN's college gameday wrap up show.

I thought you knew a ton about football. The line judges job is to be on the sidelines on the same side as the chains; set up the chains for a first down, watch for illegal procedures, and run with WR during pass plays. An UMPIRE, stays in the middle of the field 3-4 yards behind the defensive line. They can line up anywhere in the middle of the field and most, like this guy, line up opposite of the referee from the middle of the field to the hash mark.

It does look like he was doing his job. The game play is so much quicker than most people can imagine and by the time Garcia got up on him he couldn't really move out of the way and just protected himself.