So I went to vote early....

Putty

Come back when you make 250K in a year and we will see if you still say that.

Look "Jeremiah Wright", you need to follow people like Eric's example and have a more positive outlook on society. The reason I find it acceptable is because if I made that kind of money, clearly I've been successful in life, and would clearly have the ability to help with things like roads, making the city I live in a better place to live, fund good projects like Waste Management, etc. And those are things that taxes pay for.

I know there are people like you out there who have bigtime investments in oil companies and would love to see big oil get another nice big tax break so you can run up your stock portfolio, but middle class people don't live like you do.

The reason I find it acceptable is because if I made that kind of money, clearly I've been successful in life, and would clearly have the ability to help with things like roads, making the city I live in a better place to live, fund good projects like Waste Management, etc. And those are things that taxes pay for.

As stated at least 139 times before, taxes aren't a bad thing, but raping the wealthy is. When you place the action of taking more money from those people, to "help" others, you're valuing cash more than labor and human support. Do any of you consider that wealthy people still do donate a lot of money and time to society? You act as if they aren't contributing.

As stated at least 139 times before, taxes aren't a bad thing, but raping the wealthy is. When you place the action of taking more money from those people, to "help" others, you're valuing cash more than labor and human support. Do any of you consider that wealthy people still do donate a lot of money and time to society? You act as if they aren't contributing.

I bet more do not contribute an adequate amount verses those that do. The more money you have the more you want to make more money. It is easy to become greedy.

That's not what I'm saying at all. I think you're taking it out of context and pulling a little too much from what's been said, Mike. I like what you're inferring though -- it sounds like you're suggesting that as you become a more successful individual, you should be expected to support your local community more to "pay back" into it and that the only option of pay back shouldn't be just a monetary form. Is that basically what you're suggesting? If so, it's really not a bad idea. I'd support it. :)

But one generalization that you made that I don't agree with is that in these two lines: "Do any of you consider that wealthy people still do donate a lot of money and time to society? You act as if they aren't contributing." -- you're generalizing in that you suggest wealthy people as a whole, when that's not true at all. Many wealthy people don't donate anything, while many DO donate quite a bit.

Certainly the tax system isn't perfect, I wouldn't mind seeing something like a flat tax on sales/purchases only so then you'd only pay taxes on what you bought -- buy a big house, pay a lot of taxes, buy a Ferrari, pay a lot of taxes, etc. -- don't work because you're a lazy bum then you don't pay taxes (but you also don't get to buy a nice house and nice cars because you don't have any $$). I think that would be the fairest way to tax, but it won't happen.

Look "Jeremiah Wright", you need to follow people like Eric's example and have a more positive outlook on society. The reason I find it acceptable is because if I made that kind of money, clearly I've been successful in life, and would clearly have the ability to help with things like roads, making the city I live in a better place to live, fund good projects like Waste Management, etc. And those are things that taxes pay for.

I know there are people like you out there who have bigtime investments in oil companies and would love to see big oil get another nice big tax break so you can run up your stock portfolio, but middle class people don't live like you do.

I have a great outlook. So good of an outlook, that I believe you can make the best decision with your money.

BTW.... Gas tax should go for roads, Waste management is private in Knox county, I pay property tax and city tax to make Mt. Vernon better. I never said we should have no tax. I don't think it is fair that I pay more % of income than you do.

Salary Paycheck Calculator

Your Pay Check Results Annual Gross Pay - $250,000.00

Federal Withholding - $67,607.25

Social Security - $6,324.00

Medicare - $3,625.00

Ohio - $14,242.55

City Tax - $17,500.00

Net Pay - $140,701.20

Calculation Based On Tax Year 2008

Gross Pay - $250,000.00

Pay Frequency - Annual

Federal Filing Status - Single

# of Federal Exemptions - 0

Additional Federal W/H - $0.00

State -Ohio

Filing status - Regular

Exemptions - 0

Additional State W/H - $0.00

City Tax - 7 %

So on the off chance that I make $250k/year, I pay enough in taxes to adequately support atleast 2 worthless families? And that's STILL not enough?

:gtfo:

Salary Paycheck Calculator

Your Pay Check Results

Annual Gross Pay - $30,000.00

Federal Withholding - $2,522.50

Social Security -$1,860.00

Medicare - $435.00

Ohio - $806.25

City Tax - $2,100.00

Net Pay - $22,276.25

Calculation Based On Tax Year 2008

Gross Pay - $30,000.00

Pay Frequency - Annual

Federal Filing Status - Married

# of Federal Exemptions - 0

Additional Federal W/H - $0.00

State - Ohio

Filing status - Regular

Exemptions - 0

Additional State W/H - $0.00

City Tax - 7 %

So, currently, according to this paycheck calculator, a guy making $250k/yr pays 27% of what he makes, and the 'other guy' only pays about 8%. How is that fair? And Obama wants to widen that gap? Fuck him. Way to reward the guy that got off his ass and made something of himself. :mad:

I have a great outlook. So good of an outlook, that I believe you can make the best decision with your money.

BTW.... Gas tax should go for roads, Waste management is private in Knox county, I pay property tax and city tax to make Mt. Vernon better. I never said we should have no tax. I don't think it is fair that I pay more % of income than you do.

Well one thing I think we can agree upon is that at least we live in a free country where we can talk about this stuff. :) We'll see what Tuesday brings.