Recommend me a muffler

Buck531

I need a quiet muffler other than this thing I got on here now. It's a dynomax ultra flow. I'd like to possibly grab something off of a stock car. Maybe a higher performance car than my Regal :p. I'd rather not go aftermarket cause ANYTHING on a 3800 sounds like shit. My stock Regal muffler is horrid too.

Needs to be a 3" (or close to it) outlet and a 3" offset inlet. I could probably get away with a 2.5". I think the case needs to be 15" long by around 9" wide?

I'd like to pick up something used. Cheaper the better.

not always cheap but most magnaflos have a nice deep tone and not the rasp/trailer trash sound you're used to out of a 3.8... maybe goto the website and listen to some clips.

Nope..I've heard magnaflows on a W-body. they still sound like shit.

I'm looking for something cheap and quiet but flow decent for a 300 HP car.

jeez do you want a back rub with a cherry on top too?

You busy tonight? :cool:

For example. A stock vette muffler. I could probably get one and hack it up to make it work. It's not loud cruising around town. I might be somewhat loud, but not obnoxiously loud like the one I have on the car now is.

I was looking at a stock 350z muffler setup. I could probably hack one of those off and make it work, but does it flow halfway decent?

ultraflows are one of the quietest aftermarket mufflers...you might be best off trying to find a resonator of a stock exhaust and putting in-line before the muffler.

there's a 36" x 6" magnaflow resonator already on it.

edit - I forgot to add. It's a 3" cat back mandrel bent exhaust. It flows great and all, but god damn it's loud.

http://a943.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_35b1984f2d1608a4c1422845ffd125ce.jpg

http://a47.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/105/l_ecce09c7967e6feff06ed3c7161724ce.jpg

http://a624.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/97/l_065ccbb323d8fc799627d11e9f6e7ea7.jpg

Here's some pics. I know it hangs low. That's going to get fixed soon.

I didn't mind the way my GTP sounded with Flowmasters. As long as you have a catted downpipe it's not very raspy IMO.

What about a Hooker AeroChamber? They aren't very loud until you romp on it, and they sound good on anything

Guest 614Streets
You want loud , you should hear my nova fire up , my s10 is fucking loud too. I did look into the hushpower compact mufflers from jegs for the dime , it has 2.25 with macs on it sounds like loud sex. The nova has 3.5" with vortex cone inserts and dynomax bullets with turndowns behind the drivers seat. My nova is fucking loud. I like it.

Buck have you looked at the Thrush turbo mufflers Jeg's sells?

http://www.jegs.com/p/Dynomax/763864/10002/-1

Ran these mufflers on my v8 s-10 a few years back, may have a sound clip on my desktop to show you how much they muffled the truck down after having 40series Flowmasters on it. With the Flowmasters it sounded like a top fuel dragster, with the Thrush mufflers it was quiet as stock v6 fbody. It was quiet until I hit the loud pedal and still it wasn't that loud.

Ok I was thinking so I went back out in the garage. Jacked the car up, started it. Nice exhaust leak on the band clamp I put on here to join the cat back I put on there to the rest of the exhaust.

Put my impact on it. Problem solved. No more loud shit. It's nice and quiet now.

I feel like a tard now. ANyhoo.

Now I gotta fix the hangars on it because it sits about 3" off the ground :(.

You ricer.

More like cheap ass.

This guy I never even knew was selling this exhaust. He really need to unload it because he was selling his car. I told him I'd store it in the garage until he found a buyer for it (I wasn't planning on putting on the exhaust or modifying mine at the time. I figured stock was enough). The guy even said "go ahead and install it and you can pay me later if you want". So I put on the exhaust on Saturday. I sent the guy a PM On the other board about a month ago. He has yet to respond to me. I didn't pay anything for the exhaust. Just about $20 in clamps and some pipe and it let me drop .2 pulley sizes to a 3.2 and now it pulls pretty hard for the car and I have no KR :).

I still haven't heard from the guy yet.