Fact Check on Obama's Supposed Tax Increase

ForeverMaker

No surprise all the McLame supporters are rushing to parrot lines directly from his desperate campaign.

Well you can parrot lines, and I can copy and paste:

-------------------------------

A new Web ad from John McCain's campaign features the ubiquitous Joe the Plumber and attacks Barack Obama’s tax plan as "welfare."

"Obama raises taxes on seniors (and) hard-working families to give welfare to those who pay none," the announcer says.

In the background is the phrase "$100-billion to those that pay no taxes."

There are a number of misleading things packed into a tight space here.

McCain's claim that Obama's plan will translate to higher taxes for seniors and working families is grossly misleading.

McCain is not proposing elimination, or reduction, of the existing earned income and child care credits. The existing system results in $53-billion to those who pay no income taxes. Is that support for welfare?

Read the rest at the following link, although I know you won't. Just go ahead post off-topic trash about how I drive a Cobalt. LOL.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/813/

Let's see all the supposed rich people come out of the woodwork to claim this will ruin the country!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen...

Unfortunatly Charles Barkely said it best, The poor democrats have been crying about being poor for the last 40 years, and look where they are still poor.

Raising taxs will create an economic down turn, your foolish to think otherwise, you're also foolish to believe taxing the rich will create more jobs, you're foolish to think taxing business will not raise prices, you're just foolish to re-distribute wealth, you're foolish to let the government to collect more of your money and piss it away to fialing programs, you're foolish to create a trillion dollars in government spending, you're foolish to think raising taxes is the solution.

The Middle class will shrink, and the so called back bone for the American economy will not even exhist. Tax them, see what happens, the economic problem with further progress, and pockets will tighten.

Its simple, even china has got it right... They are cutting taxes to promote their economic growth. Democrates can promote even distribution of wealth all they want, they have been doing it for a century, and look how far they got...Still complaining there are people richer then them, finding ways to give out gimmes and freebies, when all that is needed is an opportunity, its YOUR choice what to do with that opportunity, not the governments.

Maybe this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it on here. I've heard recently that Obama wants to return tax rates to Bill Clinton levels. However, has anyone considered what has happened to the dollar in 16 years?

Obama wants to tax those making over 250k. However, at the same levels, Bill Clinton was taxing those who made well over 300k dollars based on the value of the dollar sinking.

Just a thought.

Maybe this has been discussed, but I haven't seen it on here. I've heard recently that Obama wants to return tax rates to Bill Clinton levels. However, has anyone considered what has happened to the dollar in 16 years?

Obama wants to tax those making over 250k. However, at the same levels, Bill Clinton was taxing those who made well over 300k dollars based on the value of the dollar sinking.

Just a thought.

1 point to Jason. Good observation.

Brandon, you didn't read a damn thing, did you? The tax plan above IS cutting taxes to stimulate growth, across the board. There is a very small percent of earners who will go back to paying what they were paying in 99.

God forbid you get a clue before you spout off.

Letting the Bush tax cuts expire is something that is always left of the the debate, go figure up Obama's "cut" after he lets the Bush tax cuts expire... you will be surprised at what you find.

Eric,

I DID READ. In fact the largest contributors of tax revenue to our government read this as well, because THEY are the ones getting a higher tax burden, is that fair in a capital economy?

College courses on economics, or have any other education other then internet contra, can denote the need, and issues of raising taxes. ect.

I have a *clue*, a clue on how scientifically and historically taxing works, not what sounds right. You speak of education all the time, and it being a solid investment...

Also relax a little, I know dems. get their panties in a bundle when you talk reality. :D

The issue is pretty simple for the recent economic down turn, why did politicans allow a rule that stood for years among lenders, to have X amount of capital on hand to cover X amount of high risk debt ; they should have never been allowed to simply insure the high risk debt without the capital to pay for it. Its similar to investing on margin. Then when you have jobs that "move" overseas you also loose homeland income, i am not doubting it allows a better trade opportunity for the U.S. but it hurts homeland revenues obviously.

I like Obamas stance on homeland job security, but his tax and ecnonmic policies leave much to be disired.

:bangbang:

Brandon, you didn't read a damn thing, did you? The tax plan above IS cutting taxes to stimulate growth, across the board. There is a very small percent of earners who will go back to paying what they were paying in 99.

God forbid you get a clue before you spout off.

Who makes more than $250K a year . . . Buisnesses

who do most people work for . . . Buisnesses

when Buisness profit is cut into by new taxes what do buisneses do? They increase the cost passing the taxes to the consumer, or cut thier own costs. The number 1 cost for most buisnesses is manpower. When buisnesses increast the cost of goods and services and dont give raises or hire more people it, in fact widens your gap between the upper and middle and lower classes that librerals like to talk about so much. SO go ahead, give me an extra $1000 a year to spend, and watch costs go up, inflation go up, unemployment go up . . . where did that $1000 go by the end of the year?

Everyones favorate Dem. John F. Kennedy knew this, Reagan knew this as well.

Second point, Obama keeps talking about McCain giving tax breaks to buisnesses that ship jobs overseas. The part that he doesn't realize is that a buisness is not a child, you cant punish it for not doing what you want. Lower buisness taxes gives large buisnesses (that hire lots of people) an incentive to stick around.

Face it, Buisnesses DO NOT exist to give people jobs! They exist to make MONEY!

If we raise taxes, essentially we are raising the rent of those buisnesses in order to stay in our country and giving them even more reason to move out.

Finally, if the first statements are true, tyhat most people work for buisnesses that make more than 250K a year, then most people are going to feel the negitive effects that the tax increases do to thier employer.

Who makes more than $250K a year . . . Buisnesses

who do most people work for . . . Buisnesses

when Buisness profit is cut into by new taxes what do buisneses do?

They..... give the Obama campaign more money than the McCain campaign?

http://images.usatoday.com/news/graphics/a_prezmoney/prezmoney_graf.jpg

Now, I'm sure they're all apriciative of you guys trying to look out for them, but it looks like the majority of these people are not only unfearfull of Obama, but like him enough to give him their money.

It's nice to see those previous elections listed, it shows you how different this year really is.

They..... give the Obama campaign more money than the McCain campaign?

http://images.usatoday.com/news/graphics/a_prezmoney/prezmoney_graf.jpg

Now, I'm sure they're all apriciative of you guys trying to look out for them, but it looks like the majority of these people are not only unfearfull of Obama, but like him enough to give him their money.

It's nice to see those previous elections listed, it shows you how different this year really is.

Show me there will be a net gain for taxpayers after Obama lets the Bush tax cuts expire

That only means that they are good at picking a winner. I've come to the conclusion that McCain is probibly going to lose. And i'm putting alot of money in the bank and holding on to my ass for the shit storm coming when Obama and the Dems have free riegn over the country.

Bye the way, after Obama gets his tax plan passed, i'm going to wonder how the Liberals are going to still blame it on Bush, they wont be able to hide thier doings behind a Republican in the white house anymore.

Perhaps you missed the "redistribution" part. Net gain will be minimal, what's going change is where that comes from. The middle class pays less, the upper crust pays more.

The middle class WILL NOT pay less once he lets the Bush cuts expire... that is where is he fooling everything... do the math yourself, you will be surprised

The middle class WILL NOT pay less once he lets the Bush cuts expire... that is where is he fooling everything... do the math yourself, you will be surprised

So your saying that you can't wrap your mind around the compliocated notion that he'll let the upperclass tax cuts expire whilst implementing the tax reform for the middle/lower classes?

No, no, no, can't possibly be, everything happens in absolutes, if it's any more complicated than a single sentence, it's BS.

So your saying that you can't wrap your mind around the compliocated notion that he'll let the 250k+ tax cuts expire whilst implementing the tax reform for the middle/lower classes?

No, no, no, can't possibly be, everything happens in absolutes, if it's any more complicated than a single sentence, it's BS.

There are no "250k+ tax cuts"

He is letting the whole Bush Tax Cut from 2001 expire, changing the brackets

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/reports/taxplan.html

read and learn, you may have to do some math though, seeing as how there is no "250k" level in the tax code.

Letting the Bush tax cuts expire will bump EVERYONE up by at LEAST 3% depending on your effective tax bracket.

His tax cuts would have to be 3% or GREATER in many cases for them to be an actual cut. Any less, and they are an INCREASE...

"President Bush also understands that, over the long run, wealth is created by hard-working, risk-taking individuals, not government programs. Countries with low taxes, limited regulation, and open trade grow faster, create more jobs, and enjoy higher standards of living than countries with bigger, more centralized governments and higher taxes. The United States has led the way in economic performance over the last century because America is a freer country. If people are given the freedom to create, they do. If people are given a stake in the outcome, they succeed."

Eric, Argue that.

Aww the Obama campaign is upset, that dont like real questions... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X346U109Chs

Eric, Argue that.

The hell you say? Who said anything about government programs solving anything regarding our world economic standing? We're talking about taxes, try to stay on topic.

Countries with low taxes, limited regulation, and open trade grow faster, create more jobs, and enjoy higher standards of living than countries with bigger, more centralized governments and higher taxes.

Prove it. Seriously, go check out the fastest growing nations, show m how free everyone is and what a great standard of living they have. China has had the best consistent growth of pretty much anyonw int he last 10 years, you want to go live there? There is no freer country int he world than the USA, that pretty much sums up the validity ofthat statement.

At this point in time, if you want to grow, you need to control a large hunk of some energy source. Small countries with disproportionate oil supplies thrive. Small countries that can sell electricity to their neighbors thrive. There is no successfull growth model for a large counrty in this economic period, other than Chinas currency control.

The United States has led the way in economic performance over the first three quarters of the last century because America was a freer country. It took a shit in the last quarter century because it got too free, and people took advantage of it, or they took their money to asia.

If people are given a stake in the outcome, they succeed."

Agreed, strength through the proletariate, bring on the tax breaks.

Your video; I can guess what it is, but can't view it on this computer. Will wait till I get home.

The hell you say? Who said anything about government programs solving anything regarding our world economic standing? We're talking about taxes, try to stay on topic.

Prove it. Seriously, go check out the fastest growing nations, show m how free everyone is and what a great standard of living they have. China has had the best consistent growth of pretty much anyonw int he last 10 years, you want to go live there? There is no freer country int he world than the USA, that pretty much sums up the validity ofthat statement.

At this point in time, if you want to grow, you need to control a large hunk of some energy source. Small countries with disproportionate oil supplies thrive. Small countries that can sell electricity to their neighbors thrive. There is no successfull growth model for a large counrty in this economic period, other than Chinas currency control.

The United States has led the way in economic performance over the first three quarters of the last century because America was a freer country. It took a shit in the last quarter century because it got too free, and people took advantage of it, or they took their money to asia.

Agreed, strength through the proletariate, bring on the tax breaks.

Your video; I can guess what it is, but can't view it on this computer. Will wait till I get home.

Eric, the government programs funded by tax revenues, and are relevant to this discussion, as a direct relationship. If you mean to only talk talk cut, for raise, and nothing else, then sorry I got a little off topic.

They (manufactors) took their business else where because of an opportunity presented for profit, pretty simple to me, a fundamental belief making America the wealthiest country in the world.

I dislike the jobs leaving the U.S. but you can not fault big business for using a capital opportunity. There are methods to keep jobs here in the states through tax cuts, and small tariffs, which will create a more competition with Asia.

The tax cuts to send jobs over seas, though is pure crime, I do disagree with that, but there are better methods.