impact

351mach11647545510

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well keep reading up champ! Seems like you might have tons of time on your hands. LOL I'm doing great and doing more just making it. I guess I should of said that I'm doing everything on my own and loving it instad of just making it instead of just "being pretty" like you are doing right.

Keep reading up on what? Thermodynamics, weapons trafficking, constitutional law, etc...? I guess I could read up on mattresses. Is that an interesting topic?

So are you a liar or a fucking retard? You're either just making it or you're not.

Well, it's easy to just be pretty while I sit around and let my parents pay for everything. I have tons of time just being pretty, I don't have to work.

he's kinda weird, but easy to talk too, get along with, AJ knows him too. so Hal here's a question maybe you can answer, why are Mac guys in my area so hard to keep around?

It's a combination of things. All that I've met seem to be good guys but the business is really hard. With them owning everything on the truck, they need to make the right choices to keep their trade account current. The biggest problem is when they let guys put big ticket items on a truck account.

An average distributor will have $20k-$40k worth of tools on the street that are being paid on truck accounts. That means, they are essentially floating that money. If they can't collect, they can't buy more tools. If we put them on credit hold, they can't even buy repair parts for you guys. Once that cycle starts, a couple bad choices will put them under. It makes things even harder that techs are getting smarter with the economy down. Techs are starting to research prices and really play the tool guys against each other.

Here is a completely fictional scenario.

Mac dist A with 5 months in the business wants to sell you a set of jumbo ratcheting wrenches in metric and one in SAE. He quotes you 599.99 which he is making ~30% on.

Snap-on dist X with 10 years in quotes you 549.99 making ~24% on his sets.

The back and forth happens with you playing them. The Mac guy can only really go as low as 20% to stay healthy, the established Snap-on guy goes as low as 8% to make his sale. They're the same quality, lifetime warranty, and exactly what you want. You like both guys, at that point you go with the lower price. It's even harder when the independent distributors come around with their bargain priced warehouse tools.

Once they get past 2-3 years, they're pretty much set.

There are other things that are really big but I won't go into them on here. If you're interested just ask me in person and I'll explain more.

It's a combination of things. All that I've met seem to be good guys but the business is really hard. With them owning everything on the truck, they need to make the right choices to keep their trade account current. The biggest problem is when they let guys put big ticket items on a truck account.

An average distributor will have $20k-$40k worth of tools on the street that are being paid on truck accounts. That means, they are essentially floating that money. If they can't collect, they can't buy more tools. If we put them on credit hold, they can't even buy repair parts for you guys. Once that cycle starts, a couple bad choices will put them under.

There are other things that are really big but I won't go into them on here. If you're interested just ask me in person and I'll explain more.

yeah we can chat about this at a meet sometime, but I understand the truck accounts, there's 1 guy in our shop that is a fucktard when it comes to paying the tool guys, hell our Matco man wont sell to him anymore! long story short guy bought a $35.00 flashlight and it took him almost a year to pay for it, wtf that's a outright buy item, he would pay $1 here or there, but the guy is a complete fuck up anyway, I wouldn't sell to him either

Guest Removed

An average distributor will have $20k-$40k worth of tools on the street that are being paid on truck accounts. That means, they are essentially floating that money. If they can't collect, they can't buy more tools. If we put them on credit hold, they can't even buy repair parts for you guys. Once that cycle starts, a couple bad choices will put them under.

my guys always lets me but shit on big tickets...shit always gets paid. and the ones i buy from always hooks me up(hinkle for example) there is this fuck head named chuck(i know where he is, has his own shop now) got pissed cause i had a mac man come back to auto crooks and he owed them money(pm me if he still does) i spent over 1000 in cash buyying shit from him. chuck on the other hand filed -13 on him but still owed( lots of guys buy shit and then jump ship owing money and dont pay for there shit, like its owed to them or something. this are hack fucks bouncing from shop to shop.:mad: fucks it up for people like me wanting to buy stuff.

biggest joke in mac tool guys ever = captain steve-o

what a joke:rolleyes:

yeah we can chat about this at a meet sometime, but I understand the truck accounts, there's 1 guy in our shop that is a fucktard when it comes to paying the tool guys, hell our Matco man wont sell to him anymore! long story short guy bought a $35.00 flashlight and it took him almost a year to pay for it, wtf that's a outright buy item, he would pay $1 here or there, but the guy is a complete fuck up anyway, I wouldn't sell to him either

Now imagine that with a 3500.00 Tech Series tool box, lol.

I'd be happy to talk about it at the next meet I go to. The tool business is actually really interesting if you like tools (I've seen your box, you like tools).

my guys always lets me but shit on big tickets...shit always gets paid. and the ones i buy from always hooks me up(hinkle for example) there is this fuck head named chuck(i know where he is, has his own shop now) got pissed cause i had a mac man come back to auto crooks and he owed them money(pm me if he still does) i spent over 1000 in cash buyying shit from him. chuck on the other hand filed -13 on him but still owed( lots of guys buy shit and then jump ship owing money and dont pay for there shit, like its owed to them or something. this are hack fucks bouncing from shop to shop.:mad: fucks it up for people like me wanting to buy stuff.

Guys like you are different. They walk in and see your MB1350 with a top chest filled with tools, they know you'll pay.

We have some awesome distributors out there I wish you guys had access to the best guys.

No! worst Mac guy was John Sharp, guy was a fucking criminal, ripped the company off buy using other peoples credit so "HE" could buy tools for himself and then disappeared went back to turning wrenches with all new Mac Tools and tool box(imagine that)

Now imagine that with a 3500.00 Tech Series tool box, lol.

I'd be happy to talk about it at the next meet I go to. The tool business is actually really interesting if you like tools (I've seen your box, you like tools).

indeed I do, I was looking at becoming a tool a guy at 1 point in time

Guest Removed
Guys like you are different. They walk in and see your MB1350 with a top chest filled with tools, they know you'll pay.

We have some awesome distributors out there I wish you guys had access to the best guys.

HA! not garret. he was retiring tho when i started at shifty's. he wouldnt sell me his going out deals he was making :(