fd tranny options

Twistedrx7

I hadn't read the second thread on the t-56 which is interesting. I sent a message to bobby (vincent RX7) about where he mentions having a FD tranny cryo treated and shot-peened to see if he had any results from it, but seeing as his car is for sale currently (bummer) I'm not sure if he hever went through with it.

I guess i'm guilty of not doing my research on V8 swaps, but if you run a T-56 what are you going to do about the Power Plant Frame?

Are you just curious about these options or did you have a transmission problem?

Damian's setup is really cool, but not really an option for a street car.

yeah his setup is definitely a nasa type car. You can retain the PPF with the t56. And it sits exactly in the stock position. granted i was reading this at about 3am last night.

The problem people seem to have with the t56 is taking it out of the camaro and complaining of shifting like a truck. Well that is because of the single syncro. where as the gto has triple syncros going on, giving it a much smoother ride.

That sucks bobby is selling his 3 rotor. It was a sweet build, and very bling bling. I wonder if he would part anything out?

My FD tranny is cyro treated. It has held up thus far, however my 5th gear syncro still fucking sucks. That is what happens when you miss shift. fucking queer. I wish I had more info for you. Only thing I can say, I do beleive my current tranny is much better than the one that was in when I bought my car.

Jackson

I actually just got lucky and bought it off of 7club. Mine was destroyed do to me letting my friend drive my car(actually, he was doing me a favor as I wanted to go out and get hammered, so I let him drive my car to DD me. Needless to say, I ended up paying with my tranny). I searched and searched, found one, guy had one for sale for over 4 months, he was upgrading to a dogbox. I ended up picking mine up for 500 bucks plus shipping and had all the receipts of the work, it was over 2k.

Jackson

My FD tranny is cyro treated. It has held up thus far, however my 5th gear syncro still fucking sucks. That is what happens when you miss shift. Jackson

How the fuck do you mis-shift into 5th gear? Dear god, it's not like you need to power shift at 130+mph.

BTW fifth gear syncro is cake, provided you have fabbed the extensions to the bearing pullers.

How the fuck do you mis-shift into 5th gear? Dear god, it's not like you need to power shift at 130+mph.

BTW fifth gear syncro is cake, provided you have fabbed the extensions to the bearing pullers.

Im going to guess he missed 3rd gear and shoved it into 5th too many times. :nod:

Mike, again it wasn't me who broke this tranny. This is what happens when you let someone drive your car. Although, I did win money on it.

My first tranny was missed so bad(twice) going into third it didn't even allow 5th or rev to work at all. The current tranny has the notorious 5th gear grinding, however works perfectly fine.

The t-56 will rev plenty high, being built obviously. However stock I do beleive they will still handle 7k RPMs though.

Ohh, and Mike, how dare you compare me to Zayvier, that is just mean man, just plain out mean!

Jackson