LLama Max-I (gun Crew)

HAOLE

Are these any good> I have looked around and see differing opinions. The 1911 45 ACP IMHO is hands down the best firearm ever designed. John Browning was a genius.

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:PMTX-a4kA-JH-M:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/LLama_max_I_45acp.jpg

It is Non-Standard 1911, and is cheap.

Great for a throw away gun.... but not much more.

:(

Dan Wesson makes a nice 1911 for not tooooo much $$$.

Uhhhh.... nix that. I just looked. It looks as if CZ picked up Dan's line, and jacked the price up!!! My Wife's PM7 cost about $700 new, now > $1000!

Rock Island perhaps?

KillJoy

Yup, grab a Springfield GI. Find a good bull barrel though.

Or learn how to shoot it well before fucking with it

I mentioned something the other day on a different forum, and I guess it needs repeated here...

I'm of the opinion that any properly built gun is far more accurate than the vast majority of the people out there that will ever pull the trigger. There are some people that are amazing shooters and actually benefit from a custom built gun, but your average shooter won't do any better with a $5,000 1911 than they would a $450 Springer GI.

Or learn how to shoot it well before fucking with it

I mentioned something the other day on a different forum, and I guess it needs repeated here...

I'm of the opinion that any properly built gun is far more accurate than the vast majority of the people out there that will ever pull the trigger. There are some people that are amazing shooters and actually benefit from a custom built gun, but your average shooter won't do any better with a $5,000 1911 than they would a $450 Springer GI.

I ALMOST AGREE....... the Stock Trigger on the SA 1911 GI SUCKS ASS!!! Get a decent 'smith to make it smooth and break like glass near 5lbs, and I FULLY agree :D

Kevin Warhal (sp?) (formerly of Blackwing and Gander Mountain before that) worked his magic on my SA 1911A1 and my SA 1911 GI. After that, I improved drastically.... ESPECIALLY with the GI.

:thumbup:

KillJoy