Valkyrie

HAOLE

CR history buff crew check in.

IR major, History minor, though almost every single one of my IR classes is a history class as well (ii.e. my schedule this semester is IR/HI349, IR/HI543, IR/HI436). Specific interest in WWII, Gulf War.

<3

Did any of you ever read Mein Kampf by Hitler or The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by Shirer?

Good books!

I've got Mein Kampf around here somewhere. I intend on reading it some day, but making myself read is another thing.

i want to see it but my girl is a history major and seems to tear any movie apart that involves any type of history and tell me what is and isnt true.....kinda ruins a lot of movies lol

The funny thing is, a lot of what you are taught in school is not really history either.

i want to see it but my girl is a history major and seems to tear any movie apart that involves any type of history and tell me what is and isnt true.....kinda ruins a lot of movies lol

Then she may want to rethink her major if that is really what she says. Suggest to her "Landscape of History" by John Gaddis. We can never show literal truth, or literal representations of history.

• 1 month later...