iraq war expenses. Must see

playerpro153

Yeah but it's for our own good, they've gotta stop those terrorists!!!

:rolleyes:

I don't think we can be all things to all people in the world. I think we've got to be very careful when we commit our troops. The vice president [Al Gore] and I have a disagreement about the use of troops. He believes in nation building. I would be very careful about using our troops as nation builders. I believe the role of the military is to fight and win war and therefore prevent war from happening in the first place. So I would take my responsibility seriously. And it starts with making sure we rebuild our military power. Morale in today's military is too low.

Yeah but it's for our own good, they've gotta stop those terrorists!!!

:rolleyes:

Yeah, this is all new..... Never had any waste or civilian contractors in the US Gov before this war:rolleyes:

When are people going to learn that we need a SMALLER Government.

You can't roll your eyes at this and then turn around and want your government involved in every aspect of our lives...ie, healthcare...education....etc....

Yeah, this is all new..... Never had any waste or civilian contractors in the US Gov before this war:rolleyes:

You can't roll your eyes at this and then turn around and want your government involved in every aspect of our lives...ie, healthcare...education....etc....

+1

I'm not sure if you picked up on my sarcasm or not, so I'd like to state for the record that A) I was being sarcastic and B) you are preaching to the choir. I voted for Ron Paul.

Contractors have always cost more. Having worked both the private and public sectors the cost between the two isn't much different and in general the gov't usually gets a negotiated rate lower than on the private side.

The problem here though is that contractor rates (100 - 300 hour) that would normally apply for things like programmers and cyber security experts are being applied for resources that should be being billed at much lower rates (30-40). The laundry as an example is a blatant rip off considering a single person can more than one bag of laundry at a time; $99 a bag should be considered fraud no matter which way you slice it. Same goes for the destruction of trucks that could be repaired; fraud plain and simple.

I was all about Ron Paul until he publicly denounced Israel for their SELF-DEFENSE campaign. He called Gaza a "concentration camp." I cannot support Dr. Paul if he is not going to support the Israelis.

I don't support anyone that doesn't see that Israel has as large a hand in this as its neighbors.

Book Club Time! read this one and see how the Middle East got messed up in the first place. Pick it up at the library.

Sowing the Wind: The Seeds of Conflict in the Middle East by John Keay

http://www.amazon.com/Sowing-Wind-Seeds-Conflict-Middle/dp/0393335089/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1232297214&sr=8-1

The book concentrates on developments from World War One and Two. Politics of Europe colonized the Middle East. The USA was begged by the Middle East to intercede and help them free themselves from Colonialism.

This began the era of the CIA involvement everywhere.

If we really want to blame someone, it's the Romans for invading the Middle East (and everything else) way back when. And the Turkish as well, for later invading Europe (and everything else). The Middle East isn't any more violent than Europe during the Hundred Years War. It's just less developed and determined to stay that way.

Yes, I read it, and was impressed.

I was all about Ron Paul until he publicly denounced Israel for their SELF-DEFENSE campaign. He called Gaza a "concentration camp." I cannot support Dr. Paul if he is not going to support the Israelis.

I thought i was the only person who is pro-Israeli in the state.

Pleased to make your acquaintance Sir.