OSU - Sneaky?

nurkvinny

I think it's long overdue; Ohio State needs to have developed a killer instinct like that about five years ago. And fuck what the announcers say, calling plays like that (sneak punts, going long late in the game) sends an important - and in this case vital - message to the Ohio State players: "I, as your coach, realize things have gotten stagnant around here, and I'm to blame for that, so to show you I'm serious about changing, I'm going to walk the walk and call plays that show you that I'm tired of the status quo."

Anyone notice how pissed Tressel looked after the last touchdown?? He just looked plain disqusted, wtf is that all about?? We might win more games if he would let these guys have more fun.

Yea I saw that look he gave them and couldn't stop laughing. He just kind of scowled and shook his head, while Wells was behind him jumping up and down.

Anyone notice how pissed Tressel looked after the last touchdown?? He just looked plain disqusted, wtf is that all about?? We might win more games if he would let these guys have more fun.

I saw that too. I'm not sure if he was pissed or if he was just looking serious to show that he means business. Either way, I'm glad the offense that played against Michigan St. showed up today. I just hope this same offense shows up for the next 2 games.

On another note, with the Penn St. loss today, it puts OSU back in the running for the Big Ten Championship. Penn St. still has to play Michigan St. I will be rooting for Michigan St. to win that game.

One of the announcers was Andre Ware . He played for the university of Houston back in the run and shoot days. Houston was known for trying to score 70 points on everyone. They ran up the score everytime they got the chance and Ware was the one passing when they were winning by 50 !

Ok let me get in on this. Heres my views on the fake punt and late TD, its my job to score...its your job to keep me from scoring. There are no friendships in football for 60 minutes. Before and after the game thats fine, but between those two times were enemies. I played against Trappasso so I wasnt suprised that he got the yardage, hell the kid ran for nearly 2k yards as a senior at Pickerington.

As for OSU being back in the big10 race. Yeah whoopity doo! You know now that if PSU wins out then they goto the Rose Bowl and OSU has to pray to get an atlarge birth to the Fiesta or Orange. But thats not really a bad thing, OSU plays well at the Fiesta and would have either Boise St or Utah more then likely. The could also end up playing a big12 team like Texas or Oklahoma.

Now if PSU loses to Michigan St then OSU gets the shaft. Michigan State would goto the Rose, PSU would get the at large since they beat OSU and OSU would goto Capital 1 game to face either Bama or Florida.

I did like a few of the play calls today except for one....when Alex Boone head butted that other player, he should have been yanked for a move like that, completely unnecessary.

Negative, that was the best play of the game, that guy pushed boone first, so he laid him the F out. Plus you can't say the NW guy wasn't a cheap shot bastard because he late-hit pryor the very next play

Now if PSU loses to Michigan St then OSU gets the shaft. Michigan State would goto the Rose, PSU would get the at large since they beat OSU and OSU would goto Capital 1 game to face either Bama or Florida.

Wrong. If PSU loses to Michigan State (and OSU wins out), then OSU gets the automatic BCS bid to play in the Rose Bowl because, with both teams having one conference loss, the deciding factor will be who won when the teams played head-to-head (and that was OSU).

Thus, all Ohio State fans should be pulling for Michigan State big time when they play PSU.

Wrong. If PSU loses to Michigan State (and OSU wins out), then OSU gets the automatic BCS bid to play in the Rose Bowl because, with both teams having one conference loss, the deciding factor will be who won when the teams played head-to-head (and that was OSU).

Thus, all Ohio State fans should be pulling for Michigan State big time when they play PSU.

They said last night the head to head does not matter since OSU played a bowl subdivision team or whatever it is called now , youngstown state . Since MSU did not play a sub division team they hold the tie breaker .

They said last night the head to head does not matter since OSU played a bowl subdivision team or whatever it is called now , youngstown state . Since MSU did not play a sub division team they hold the tie breaker .

No, I consulted the Big Ten rules last night and, for your consideration, I've copied and pasted them here. The tie-breaker criterion you've referenced, which I've underlined, comes after the tie-breaker criterion I reference, which I've italicized. So, again, my reading of the rules is this: if MSU beats PSU, then PSU gets the automatic bid for the Rose Bowl.

Method to Determine Big Ten Conference Automatic Representative to Bowl Championship Series:

Effective for bowl games following the 2006-09 regular football seasons, the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) will consist of five (5) bowl games: BCS National Championship Game, Rose Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl, and Sugar Bowl. Participation by a Big Ten Conference member institution will be determined as follows:

BCS National Championship Game. In the event the conference has one or two football teams ranked No. 1 and/or No. 2 in the final BCS poll, these conference team(s) shall participate in the BCS National Championship Game.

Rose Bowl. Unless ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in the final BCS poll, the conference champion shall participate in the Rose Bowl. The championship shall be determined on the percentage basis of conference games (tie games counts ½ win and ½ loss). If there is a tie for the championship, the Rose Bowl representative will be determined as follows:

An ineligible team shall not be considered in the standings for determination of the conference representative.

If there is a tie for the championship, the winner of the game between these two teams shall represent the conference.

If there is still a tie for the championship, or if the tied teams did not play each other, the team that played more games against Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) teams shall be eliminated.

If there is still a tie, or if the tied teams did not play each other, or if both teams played the same number of games against an FCS team(s), the representative shall be determined on the percentage basis of all games played.

If there is still a tie, the most recent team earning BCS automatic selection shall be eliminated....

If more than two teams tie for the championship, the same selection procedures shall be followed with the following exceptions:

If three teams are tied, and if one team defeated both of the other teams, then that team shall be the representative.

If three teams are still tied, and if two of the three teams defeated the third team, the third team is eliminated, and the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.

If three teams are still tied, and there is a tie game between two of the three teams, or if two or all three of the teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage basis of all games played except, if one or two of the tied teams played more games against an FCS opponent than the other tied teams, then said team or teams shall be eliminated, and the remaining two teams, if applicable, shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.

If three teams are still tied, and one of the three teams is eliminated through the percentage basis of all games played, the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.

If three teams are still tied, and all three teams have the same winning percentage of all games played, the most recent team representing the conference shall be eliminated, and the two remaining teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.

If four or more teams tie for the championship, the following selection procedure shall be followed:

If one team defeated each of the other three teams, then that team shall be the representative.

If two of the four teams defeated each of the other two teams, the latter two teams shall be eliminated, and the two remaining teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.

If three of the four teams defeated the fourth team, the fourth team is eliminated, and the remaining three teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.

If there is a tie game between two of the four teams, or if two of the four teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage of all games played, except, if one or more of the tied teams played more games against an FCS opponent than the other tied teams, then said teams shall be eliminated, and the remaining teams, if applicable, shall revert to the two- or three-team tie procedure.

If one of the four teams is eliminated through the percentage of all games played, the remaining three teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.

If all four teams are still tied and have the same winning percentage of all games played, the most recent team representing the conference shall be eliminated and the three remaining teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.

I think I heard something about the Orange Bowl representatives being in attendance at the OSU-NW game.

I guess I don't understand why representatives would be attending a game of that magnitude. What can they pick up at the game that they couldn't pick up on TV, or over the phone.