Snow!

Draco-REX

It'll be a sad day when I put the STI in the garage for the winter.. :( But I just can't stomach the thought of having it out in the SALT again. If it was just snow and sand, I wouldn't care. But the SALT is just too much.

Baby jesus just cried because of that sentence. Putting the STi away in the snow is a sin. It's not like its a show car or an F40...come on put it to good use.

Baby jesus just cried because of that sentence. Putting the STi away in the snow is a sin. It's not like its a show car or an F40...come on put it to good use.

The rally car will be out in it. But I want my STI to last, and coating it in a layer of corrosive salt isn't going to help.

It'll be a sad day when I put the STI in the garage for the winter.. :( But I just can't stomach the thought of having it out in the SALT again. If it was just snow and sand, I wouldn't care. But the SALT is just too much.

I think I have said this before, you should sell it and be barred from purchasing any Subaru in the future. You do not own a Ferrari. You own a 30k car that is now worth roughly 20k.....

This will be the first year since owning an AWD car that I will have tires that dont suck in the snow...so I want to try it out. Would still rather just be able to have "summer" tires are year round and not get snow.

STI in garage...:jerkit: I'm pretty sure Subaru has the technology of paint, coating your car and treating the metal to prevent rust.

Just was that shiz off in a drive through car wash that does underbody cleaning

You're kidding right?

Little, Ugly, su BAR u. :)

Funny we had our carpets cleaned two days ago and the guy cleaning our carpets asks if we like Subarus? I said sure. He then tells me that he was going to get one but it runs on Premium gas. He then says that last year with only 4 inches of snow on the ground he couldn't even get his car out of the garage, he had to call in and say he couldn't come to work. :lol: I told him I could have driven a corvette/Fbody/Mustang in 4 inches of snow. :lol: I told him not to get a subaru because then he couldn't skip work like he did last year, his boss might call him out on it. :)

You're kidding right?

No, not really. ODOT's salt use is amazingly ridiculous.

After 3 months of DD, including rain:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2042/1830631721_6c75e99c0a.jpg

Then add just 2 months of ODOT salt:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/2200446643_bf185cb1f1.jpg

Cape Cod's weather is amazingly similar to the weather here in the Columbus area. I can't figure out why, since there's NO geographic similarities, but that's how it is. Cape Cod gets by using NO salt on the roads; only sand. Yet, here they use ONLY salt and other chemicals that will eat a car even faster.

I'll drive the STI from spring to fall. I'm even considering taking it out to a RallyX for shits and giggles. But I refuse to drive it during ODOT salt season.

Cape Cod's weather is amazingly similar to the weather here in the Columbus area. I can't figure out why, since there's NO geographic similarities, but that's how it is. Cape Cod gets by using NO salt on the roads; only sand. Yet, here they use ONLY salt and other chemicals that will eat a car even faster.

I'll drive the STI from spring to fall. I'm even considering taking it out to a RallyX for shits and giggles. But I refuse to drive it during ODOT salt season.

I agree with you, ohio is stupid and salt happy.

I guess subaru doesnt have the technology...

Don't get me wrong, my WRX is in no way about to fall apart. It has 107K miles and has been driven in 6 ODOT winters. Add in a year of RallyX and it's still rock solid. But I'm looking at keeping the STI until I die, seriously. So I'm thinking WAY down to road.

I HAVE the WRX, so I don't NEED to drive the STI during salt season.

I heard the salt mines up north are down 33% from a salt truck driver last week, so this year shouldn't be too bad. The snow will stick around longer and people will crash and die, but their cars won't be rusty.

Serves 'em right (the crashing, not neccesarily the dying) if they can't drive in the snow.

Down here in Southern Ohio, we don't see alot of snow. So there is not alot of salt on the roads. I have bought several cars from Columbus and everyone had more than normal corrosion. Seems that is the imaginary state line for snow/salt issues. Pittsburgh vehicles suck too! Use sand and slow down.