Blackberry Storm

Putty

x2 im gettin one on the 1st if there finaly not on back order

tmobile ftw end of convo then at&t an well

verizion sucks ass as does phil an brian carter

Did you really just say "Tmobile FTW?"

Dude... T mobile has the weakest network in Columbus. I'd bet that statement holds true for other cities too.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what are you fuckers going to say when the contract is up with AT&T and verizon gets a 3rd or possibly 4th gen iPhone. It will be sweet then huh? The iPhone will continue to be the trend setter and RIMM will continue to be the follower. That is the real truth. I could care less what network it is on. Apple has their shit together, I can't even begin to explain the way the iPhone interacts with my AppleTV, My soon to be MacBookAir and Wireless N 1TB Timecapsule. Hell my e-mail address MobileMe kicks ass and interacts with the phone. I doubt anyone who has just played with one for a brief period really sees the iPhone. Once you own one and use it everyday you will understand.

So what are you fuckers going to say when the contract is up with AT&T and verizon gets a 3rd or possibly 4th gen iPhone. It will be sweet then huh? The iPhone will continue to be the trend setter and RIMM will continue to be the follower. That is the real truth. I could care less what network it is on. Apple has their shit together, I can't even begin to explain the way the iPhone interacts with my AppleTV, My soon to be MacBookAir and Wireless N 1TB Timecapsule. Hell my e-mail address MobileMe kicks ass and interacts with the phone. I doubt anyone who has just played with one for a brief period really sees the iPhone. Once you own one and use it everyday you will understand.

Would you suck on Steve Jobs' cock?

Would you suck on Steve Jobs' cock?

From his posts I think he already did. :p

FYI...

"Verizon Wireless was the first company offered exclusive access to the iPhone, but turned Apple away because of problems with the proposed business model."

Verizon Communications president and chief operating officer Denny Strigl said: "The iPhone product is something we are happy we aren't the first to market with."

They wanted to be in charge of customer service for the iphone and Verizon didnt feel comfortable leaving their customers in the hands of other people... And until the 3rd quarter of this year still made more of a profit than ATT (with millions less customers). Forecasters say the storm should help put ATT back in second place by the end of the first quarter of 09. I also read that the Alltel merger was approved which would make verizon the largest wireless company as well. The iphone contract coming up wont mean anything if they still want Verizon to let them do their own customer service.

For the scenarios you gave sure I will agree with you that the iphone is more suited for your needs. But as Akula stated for the business person who needs to have his contacts and appointments the BB wins hands down and always has.

I know the iphone can interact with exchange but it only gets the mail part not the calendar or active lookup of the corporate directory to my knowledge. Some of you guys get WAY to damn defensive about a damn phone!

I like the iphone and think its a great product but for my needs a BB suits me better. I will probably be getting the storm once I get my hands on one first.

From his posts I think he already did. :p

FYI...

"Verizon Wireless was the first company offered exclusive access to the iPhone, but turned Apple away because of problems with the proposed business model."

Verizon Communications president and chief operating officer Denny Strigl said: "The iPhone product is something we are happy we aren't the first to market with."

They wanted to be in charge of customer service for the iphone and Verizon didnt feel comfortable leaving their customers in the hands of other people... And until the 3rd quarter of this year still made more of a profit than ATT (with millions less customers). Forecasters say the storm should help put ATT back in second place by the end of the first quarter of 09. I also read that the Alltel merger was approved which would make verizon the largest wireless company as well. The iphone contract coming up wont mean anything if they still want Verizon to let them do their own customer service.

No offense but Verizon and Customer Service should never be used in the same sentence. Verizon lost me as a customer 6 months after I bought a razr and they fried it doing an update, told me I had to pay $50 to get a new one when they broke it, and were giving them away free to new customers that day. The manager at the store on Polaris told me "tough, that all we can offer." It took me 4 more months for them to quit charging me for the text package and Nav that they were trying to update my phone to be able to do. We were not going to pay for it when the nav never worked and I could no longer get or send text messages. I went 18 months with a broke ass razr and left as soon as my contract was up.

ATT messed up outr Family plan on our first gen iPhones. I call and they fix it immediately and give us a "i'm sorry credit" for our bill and waive activation fees. :)

Apple: My wifes 1 gen iPhone started disconnecting from wiFi every 2-3 min and it would kill the battery because the screen would come on when it reconected to WiFi. We took it to the apple store, they looked at it and gave her a new iPhone and we were out the door in 15min. No questions. I just had my 3G replaced because the back cover was cracked in a couple of places. Made an appointment, no questions asked, new phone, put in my MobileMe password and over the network it downloads my address book, calender, and I get all my e-mail and folders downloaded to the phone.

No offense but Verizon and Customer Service should never be used in the same sentence. Verizon lost me as a customer 6 months after I bought a razr and they fried it doing an update, told me I had to pay $50 to get a new one when they broke it, and were giving them away free to new customers that day. The manager at the store on Polaris told me "tough, that all we can offer." It took me 4 more months for them to quit charging me for the text package and Nav that they were trying to update my phone to be able to do. We were not going to pay for it when the nav never worked and I could no longer get or send text messages. I went 18 months with a broke ass razr and left as soon as my contract was up.

ATT messed up outr Family plan on our first gen iPhones. I call and they fix it immediately and give us a "i'm sorry credit" for our bill and waive activation fees. :)

Apple: My wifes 1 gen iPhone started disconnecting from wiFi every 2-3 min and it would kill the battery because the screen would come on when it reconected to WiFi. We took it to the apple store, they looked at it and gave her a new iPhone and we were out the door in 15min. No questions. I just had my 3G replaced because the back cover was cracked in a couple of places. Made an appointment, no questions asked, new phone, put in my MobileMe password and over the network it downloads my address book, calender, and I get all my e-mail and folders downloaded to the phone.

you need to work for apple or something cause as much as i see you talk about the iphone it makes me want the damn phone more and more lol...i like verizon but the whole part about them locking their phones so you can use anything else but their apps and such annoys me, but i just renewed my contract so i am stuck for a few years.

1st mistake you bought a Razr

2nd mistake you went to the Polaris location that store is horrible

3rd mistake a simple phone call to customer service sup could have easily credited you back the money for VZ Nav and text messaging.

1st mistake you bought a Razr

2nd mistake you went to the Polaris location that store is horrible

3rd mistake a simple phone call to customer service sup could have easily credited you back the money for VZ Nav and text messaging.

As a consumer, those are things you avoid when observing your carrier. I wouldn't stay with a company either, if that's the treatment given. This is the reason I left Sprint a few years ago.

As a consumer, those are things you avoid when observing your carrier. I wouldn't stay with a company either, if that's the treatment given. This is the reason I left Sprint a few years ago.

1. Everyone sells the razr, everyone has issues with it, and every carrier thanks motorola for the revenue gains, but hates them for the higher than average fail rate.

2. Polaris is by the book. If you are looking for an exception dont go there. Stores are 98% for setting up service, and buying things. Why go to stores when there are call centers all over the place? Why drive when you can pick up the phone? I've always wondered that.

And a supervisor wouldnt have been needed for Bens problem. Any rep could have offered the same thing. Every company has idiot employees that are working their way out of the business... and it makes my job hell

1. Everyone sells the razr, everyone has issues with it, and every carrier thanks motorola for the revenue gains, but hates them for the higher than average fail rate.

2. Polaris is by the book. If you are looking for an exception dont go there. Stores are 98% for setting up service, and buying things. Why go to stores when there are call centers all over the place? Why drive when you can pick up the phone? I've always wondered that.

And a supervisor wouldnt have been needed for Bens problem. Any rep could have offered the same thing. Every company has idiot employees that are working their way out of the business... and it makes my job hell

First this is when the RAZR first hit verizon, Long ago.

2nd, then you had to go to a service center for them to do the upgrade on the phone you couldn't go to the smaller stores. I went they fried my phone and said "oops sorry, pay us more money." WTF?

3rd, I did call my rep and had the money credited for the services we were billed for and never used, although it took 4 calls all 1 month apart, each month to get it fixed before some employee that was worth a damn actually made the changes to my account.

I'm fairly certain that my verizon experience is the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. Where else does someone else break your property in front of you with management present and then make you pay for a new one? Seriously?

Need to buy a new phone now. Plan is up. Just dont know what phone to buy. But I really do love my LG VX8300. It has never been a problem. I want a smart phone and I was thinking of switching from verizon to At&t or sprint to get it. This phone may stop that.

When is the lancaster store going to get these phones so I can come play with them and decide?

SpaceGhost.. save your breath, they'll never get it until they actually use one themselves.

Until then, keep the iPhone's capabilities a secret and enjoy it while you can before all the other shitty providers get it. :)

I've used and tested phones you dont even know exist from all manufacturers and companies :p

Ben there is a program that lets you transfer your phonebook over the air. No store is needed.... I can agree that the break your phone thing is stupid. Ive heard of a few people it's happened too. On all of those calls the store pointed at the sign warning them that it could happen and then asked for $50 to replace it. Usually customer service just credits the $50 back to the account or sends out a replacement for free. Did they have the warning sign up when you went? Not sure how long ago they started doing that...

You have to consider your experience consists of a hand full of calls and trips to the store. My experience consists of 8 years, over 9000 calls and trips to the store. No matter how you roll the dice you have a chance of being that person with horrible luck that contacts the worst customer service reps ever. There are people that come over with similar stories, and I know for a fact you are not the only person that hates Verizon. If the customer service was always perfect I wouldnt have a job.

Brian,

I have been mistreated by verizon wireless and would like 50% off for the next 3 years. Thanks,

Your Loyal Customer.

Done, all blow jobs are half off. As a matter of fact reach arounds are half off as well!

Thanks for being loyal!!!! :thumbup:

Need to buy a new phone now. Plan is up. Just dont know what phone to buy. But I really do love my LG VX8300. It has never been a problem. I want a smart phone and I was thinking of switching from verizon to At&t or sprint to get it. This phone may stop that.

When is the lancaster store going to get these phones so I can come play with them and decide?

I work at the corporate location in lancaster if you need anything. I sold your mom her last phone not to long ago.