stripped lug.

Ryan218

on my rear axle. i grabbed an old lug now thinking that i stripped taking off the old rear end. and put it on the new. now its stuck on there..gets to end of stud. but wont back off..just spins. know ive fucked the threads up.

tips on how to get it off?

is it the chrome covor spinning? or is it spinning...more then likely going to have to cut it off and replace the stud

ill go take a pic.

just wont back off.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/5lugswap079.jpg

i see now, jam something under the nut like a pry bar to get some leverage on the nut with and try and take the nut off with the pressure of the pry bay.

ive tried that but im going to call it a night and ill try that again tomm.

frustrating day :mad:

anyone wanna help ;)

i see now, jam something under the nut like a pry bar to get some leverage on the nut with and try and take the nut off with the pressure of the pry bay.

I was thinking that, but maybe pry on the wheel? Don't know how easy it would be to turn the nut while prying on it....

Hit it with a hammer a couple times and then try to tighten it back down? Haven't had this happen before, but I think that is the route I would take. Then I'm not 100% sure what I would do, depends on what tools are available to you after that.

ohhh i have plenty of BFSH's!!! not a bad idea. just going to mess the threads up more and i will already have to replace the stud so not a huge deal.

I was thinking that, but maybe pry on the wheel? Don't know how easy it would be to turn the nut while prying on it....

lol i used my legs to pry on the wheel and turn the 4 way. then proceded to fall off the tire. thats when i called it a night.

this also works well if you can get in behind the wheel to pry on something with enough force.

or get a dill and drill it out so its weak then just break it.

that could take awile if he has junk bits.

ohhh i have plenty of BFSH's!!! not a bad idea. just going to mess the threads up more and i will already have to replace the stud so not a huge deal.

or it could push the stud into the hub and make it spin free and you'll really have a hard time then.

Guest Removed
ill go take a pic.

just wont back off.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t302/88Mustang302/5lugswap079.jpg

come on get in there with a cut off wheel

theres room, cut it enough to break it off

Guest 614Streets
What I would do. Oxy acetylene the lug nut till its red and then impact it off with pressure behind the wheel from a large crow bar. Ryan I am in Hillard at the shop if you cant get it buzz me and tommrrow only I could swing by. You must call me to get any further with that offer.

What I would do. Oxy acetylene the lug nut till its red and then impact it off with pressure behind the wheel from a large crow bar. Ryan I am in Hillard at the shop if you cant get it buzz me and tommrrow only I could swing by. You must call me to get any further with that offer.

number? at 3 i have a meeting with my lawyer. between 1 and then im free. number?