Coil overs?

Stimmel1647545512

Coilovers are far superior to springs and shocks.. As long as you aren't stingy and actually get quality coilovers they will ride much better than any spring and shock combo. You should be looking for something with height, dampening and shock travel adjustments.

Guest Removed
"sleeve" things look like ebay specials

well most strut companys dont make a decent strut for these with threaded tubes.most of the ones out there are drag struts :D

and there are ebay specials...and there are billet ones.

Guest Removed
Junk for anything other than looks.

irony in this post.....

have you looked in your sig?

I mean have you used this kit with lots of street abuse?one of the best kits on the market for these cars and your screaming junk. why because its not a $2000 coil over strut that he really dont need. considering alot of fox bodys in american iron use this kit, let alone the countless drag and street cars.

irony in this post.....

have you looked in your sig?

I mean have you used this kit with lots of street abuse?one of the best kits on the market for these cars and your screaming junk. why because its not a $2000 coil over strut that he really dont need. considering alot of fox bodys in american iron use this kit, let alone the countless drag and street cars.

What does my sig have to do with this topic? Are you talking about my cars? Oh, that's right.. I must not know about suspension on a mustang because it's not what I drive. :rolleyes:

Sleeve type coil overs do nothing other than allow for height adjustment, and unless you pair them with adjustable shocks, they're still a far cry from any well designed performance application coil over. It doesn't matter what brand those sleeve type coil overs are, they are just as good as any cheap ebay sleeve.. biggest difference is going to be spring rate/spring material and sleeve material.

I've dealt with plenty of coil overs, ranging from sleeve types to full blown circuit coil overs and even straight up, top of the line luxury coil overs. Have you ever ridden in a car with a quality coil over that was properly setup and balanced?

Any sleeve is going to be hardly comparable to a real coil over that allows height, dampening(rebound, compression and preload), as well as shock travel adjustment in really any performance aspect... yes even in drag racing.

So, really.. sleeve type coilovers, in general, are junk as I said. They don't do much for a car other than looks, a change in spring rate and simple height adjustment.

Sure, sleeve type coilovers work, and can get someone by with a street car, but you get what you pay for is essentially what it comes down to.. all from a performance aspect, of course.

What does my sig have to do with this topic? Are you talking about my cars? Oh, that's right.. I must not know about suspension on a mustang because it's not what I drive. :rolleyes:

Sleeve type coil overs do nothing other than allow for height adjustment, and unless you pair them with adjustable shocks, they're still a far cry from any well designed performance application coil over. It doesn't matter what brand those sleeve type coil overs are, they are just as good as any cheap ebay sleeve.. biggest difference is going to be spring rate/spring material and sleeve material.

I've dealt with plenty of coil overs, ranging from sleeve types to full blown circuit coil overs and even straight up, top of the line luxury coil overs. Have you ever ridden in a car with a quality coil over that was properly setup and balanced?

Any sleeve is going to be hardly comparable to a real coil over that allows height, dampening(rebound, compression and preload), as well as shock travel adjustment in really any performance aspect... yes even in drag racing.

So, really.. sleeve type coilovers, in general, are junk as I said. They don't do much for a car other than looks, a change in spring rate and simple height adjustment.

Sure, sleeve type coilovers work, and can get someone by with a street car, but you get what you pay for is essentially what it comes down to.. all from a performance aspect, of course.

"(rebound, compression and preload), as well as shock travel adjustment in really any performance aspect... yes even in drag racing. "

This is the reason I went with a full range coilover, the ride is great and the performance is here for anytype of racing id ever want to throw at it. I even have different springs for different racing and adj rebound and compression for drag racing. Id never get anything less anymore.

If you're dd'ing it and can afford some nice coilovers, I'd go with the coilovers. Do some research, there's alot of info to be had on proper setup. It's possible to make your car handle worse. However, with a good coilover setup, you could set it to have the same handling abilities and a regular setup and the coilover would still "feel" better, ie; a nicer ride. Less jarring, etc.

This is not the opinion of a professional, but my butt's experience.

• 4 weeks later...
okay I think im gonna order the ones that 92droptop listed and order some strange 10 way adjs...maybe some tubular a arms

Compare prices, you may be better off spending a bit more that has a spring/shock that's been paired properly than it would be for you to do it yourself. In laymans terms, you might want to spend some extra dime on a set of coils instead of buying the shocks/springs separately.