I just bought a complete turbo Buick motor for $500

kenny

Including turbo, injectors, intake, headers, forged pistons, double roller timing chain and a high volume pump.

... and it has 378 miles.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachments/hot-air-non-intercooled-tech/58929d1224808927-85-sfi-turbo-engine-378-miles-500-obo-trade-100_1915.jpg

Winner is me.

I hope thats a typo and you meant something much larger than $500. Or a typo on the mileage.

What do you have planned for it?

No typo.

It's a replacement for the one I currently have that has a wiped thrust bearing. I'll use this one to get the car alive and fun for a while and use the other for a 250" stroker with girdle and good internals.

It's going in a car... truck... thing. ;)

How the hell did you pull that off?

Mostly luck I think, it was posted in the hot air section of a Buick board, so not many people saw it.

It was local, too.

... and before you ask, hot air = 84-85 non intercooled cars. The block/heads/crank/rods are identical. The only real difference is the oil return from the turbo on a hot air is in a diferent place, so you either have to drill the block or the pan for an oil return.

Otherwise, everything from an 86-87 bolts up.

It's been 5 or 6 years, don't you think it's time for a new joke?

Maybe, but short jokes aren't funny. Drinking jokes would be just as rough on me. Wrecking bike jokes aren't jokes at all. Easton worker jokes are pretty good, but then again, those would also be about me. That only leaves stolen cars and El Caminos, and I like El Caminos.

Maybe, but short jokes aren't funny. Drinking jokes would be just as rough on me. Wrecking bike jokes aren't jokes at all. Easton worker jokes are pretty good, but then again, those would also be about me. That only leaves stolen cars and El Caminos, and I like El Caminos.

Expect a PM sometime about a certain El Camino... I think I'm going to have a few questions about the motor in it. ;)

Mostly luck I think, it was posted in the hot air section of a Buick board, so not many people saw it.

It was local, too.

... and before you ask, hot air = 84-85 non intercooled cars. The block/heads/crank/rods are identical. The only real difference is the oil return from the turbo on a hot air is in a diferent place, so you either have to drill the block or the pan for an oil return.

Otherwise, everything from an 86-87 bolts up.

Nice find :thumbup:

How much does a typical intercooled LC2 longblock go for? I figure they're probably as hard to find as any Turbo Regal.

Nice find :thumbup:

How much does a typical intercooled LC2 longblock go for? I figure they're probably as hard to find as any Turbo Regal.

Depends really. Mostly stock rebuilt ones $1,500+

Totally stock massive mile ones basically what I paid, but that's just a long block.

Including turbo, injectors, intake, headers, forged pistons, double roller timing chain and a high volume pump.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/attachments/hot-air-non-intercooled-tech/58929d1224808927-85-sfi-turbo-engine-378-miles-500-obo-trade-100_1915.jpg

Winner is me.

your welcome

Winner is me.

Ugh.... kinda jealous.

:(

KillJoy