Bad ground?

spooling 1g

Driving to work this morning my my head lights would'nt work(i have daytime running lights so there always on)my tails lights and fog lights both worked fine.while driving to work i noticed mydash lights would get very bright for about 10-30 seconds and my headlights would pop on and then my dash lights go back to normal and they'd go back off.It dont vary with rpm,it has a brand new alt.,and i charged the battery last night(i've been having charging issues)It's a 90 talon any help would be appreciated thanks.

A bad ground could certainly cause your symptoms. Being 18 years old, your wiring harness will always be suspect. It's fairly simple to daisy chain grounds around your chassis and engine.

The only other items in the equation would be the ECU, or a fusible link (if equipped)

Ecu is fairly new,car runs and drives fine.

Update,on the drive home i noticed when the dash lights brighten up my headlights work again.Could the alt be the culprit?maybe it's not keeping up?I wiggled every ground/power wire i could reach,pulled the battery terminals,and the car stayed running.

Ecu is fairly new,car runs and drives fine.

Update,on the drive home i noticed when the dash lights brighten up my headlights work again.Could the alt be the culprit?maybe it's not keeping up?I wiggled every ground/power wire i could reach,pulled the battery terminals,and the car stayed running.

Take it to Autozone/Advanced and have them run an ARBST test (it's free). This will tell you if the alternator is putting out enough amperage, or has a bad diode, and also load test your battery as well.

Your ECU will rob power (shut down) accessories, when not supplied with enough power, to attempt to keep the engine running. I can't even count the number of times Saturn customers came in with a shift to D2, ABS, and other lights on, due to alternator/battery problems.