computer people

351mach11647545510

I'm thinking about getting one of the 2 laptops that i can get through a program they have at work. Any experiences with them or opinions?

http://www.purchasingpower.com/jsp/general/productImage.jsp?productId=177823&checkCache=true

DELL BLUE 1525 - LAPTOP ONLY D1500S3

MODEL

INSPIRON 1525

BUNDLE SKU

SCREEN SIZE

15.4 IN

PROCESSOR

INTEL CELERON 550 2.0GHz

MEMORY

1 GB

VIDEO CARD

INTEL MEDIA ACCELERATOR X3100

HARD DRIVE

80 GB

OPTICAL DRIVES

24X COMBO CD-RW/DVD

INTERNET CONNECTIVITY

NIC, WIRELESS, 56K

SOUND CARD

INTEGRATED

SPEAKERS

INTEGRATED

OPERATING SYSTEM

MS WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM

PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE

MS WORKS 9.0

VIRUS SOFTWARE

PC-CILLIN 30 DAY TRIAL

WARRANTY

3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY

GIFT CARD

NOT INCLUDED

PRINTER MODEL

NOT INCLUDED

RETURN POLICY

7 DAYS FROM RECEIPT, UNOPENED

ADDITIONAL ITEM

NOT INCLUDED

http://www.purchasingpower.com/jsp/general/productImage.jsp?productId=184811&checkCache=true

DELL BLACK 1735 - LAPTOP ONLY D1500S1

MODEL STUDIO 1735 BUNDLE SKU 184812 SCREEN SIZE 17IN LCD W/ WEBCAM PROCESSOR INTEL DUAL CORE T2390 1.86 GHz MEMORY 2 GB RAM VIDEO CARD INTEL MEDIA ACCERERATE HARD DRIVE 160 GB OPTICAL DRIVES 8X SLOT LOAD CD/DVD-RW INTERNET CONNECTIVITY NIC, WIRELESS, 56K SOUND CARD INTEGRATED SPEAKERS INTEGRATED OPERATING SYSTEM MS WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM PRODUCTIVITY SOFTWARE MS WORKS 9.0 VIRUS SOFTWARE 30 DAY PC-CILLIN TRIAL WARRANTY 3 YR LIMITED WARRANTY GIFT CARD NOT INCLUDED PRINTER MODEL NOT INCLUDED RETURN POLICY 7 DAYS FROM RECIEPT, UNOPENED ADDITIONAL ITEM NOT INCLUDED

what are your needs with the laptop?

its hard to say with out knowing what you will use it for but both are not bad per sae. first one may be on the slow end with vista. but number 2 looks decent but its a 17inch so its really up to you if you wanna carry that thing around.

either buy one with atleast 2gigs of ram or upgrade immediately. otherwise youll need to turn off some things on vista to run with only a gig of ram. have you looked at anything besides dell?

Agreed. Dell blows... I went through an inspiron 1501 and a desktop in 4 years of college. They both had "overheating" problems and after being diagnosed by dell at around 48.99 the replacement part was around 300....

I see you that both of those come with a 3 year warranty, but I still wouldnt want my computer gone for 2-3 weeks getting repaired. Furthermore, I hate fucking talking to some guy from India who tells me to call him "Joe" about my computer fucking catching fire.

Apple has my money now. Customer service is nice.

either buy one with atleast 2gigs of ram or upgrade immediately. otherwise youll need to turn off some things on vista to run with only a gig of ram. have you looked at anything besides dell?

To be honest when it comes to laptops im kinda clueless as far as who works better. all I know is from past experiences acer and toshiba satalites are junk. these are 2 laptops offered through work besides a few acers. I was just wondering if either of them (or dell for that matter) are worth throwing any money at.