"Surprise" assignments

Flyin Miata

Yeah all the time

Sometimes I forget, sometimes I just don't wanna do it and put it off as long as possible...

This was mostly a result of me not looking at the syllabus since two or three weeks ago. Combine that with Michigan weekend festivities, and I guess it's easy to see what happened.

This was mostly a result of me not looking at the syllabus since two or three weeks ago. Combine that with Michigan weekend festivities' date=' and I guess it's easy to see what happened.[/quote']

Honestly the best option is to turn it in 24 hours late and use that 24 hours to significantly improve the quality of your work. -5% or 10% for lateness is probably more than made up by not writing the paper in 8 hrs you didn't have sleep for.

Stay on top of it son, I alays set alarms and notices on my phone the day or two befor.

Probably something I should check into. I got this new phone with a bunch of shit I don't know how to use, I'm sure it's got a scheduler in there somewhere. I got it done around 5 this morning, could've been worse :cool: .

I usually don't forget that I have a paper due, but I usually don't get around to it until the night before. For instance, I have a 6-7 page paper due on Wed. but I won't be starting it until tomorrow evening around 11pm. I'm a great bullshitter, though.

I usually don't forget that I have a paper due, but I usually don't get around to it until the night before. For instance, I have a 6-7 page paper due on Wed. but I won't be starting it until tomorrow evening around 11pm. I'm a great bullshitter, though.

That's how I am 99 percent of the time. But for some reason this quarter I completely forgot to do one paper (luckily it wasn't major) and cut this one closer than I would like to. I used to be able to keep track of all this shit in my head, but I guess I'm just not as sharp as I thought I was.

And yea, being a great bullshitter is probably the only reason I'm still getting through college. I once wrote a paper where I had to analyze a song of my choice in a sociological manner. I picked a song that had nothing to do with the class, made up some bullshit comparisons that made it look like it was, and I got a perfect score. Things like that really make me love school.

I use cell phone reminders for everything. An hour ago it reminded me to post in the threaded discussion for my statistics class. If I never hear about probabilities again as long as I live it will be fine by me. 1 more class and I'm done with this hell hole they call DeVry. Then cell phone reminders will keep my ass in check some other way. For those of us with ADD its a life saver.

If you don't like turning shit in on time, come to DeVry. They let you turn stuff in whenever. Normally no points are deducted. I'd say that over 50% of my tests have been open book or at least open notes and 75% percent of my papers were written within 48 hrs of the due date. Most were written past 11pm the night before it was due. And I'm graduating with honors if that tells you the academic excellence that spews out of this school. Its a fucking paper mill for nerds. Had I tried this shit when I went to OSU they would have sent me on my merry way for being so lazy.

I use cell phone reminders for everything. An hour ago it reminded me to post in the threaded discussion for my statistics class. If I never hear about probabilities again as long as I live it will be fine by me. 1 more class and I'm done with this hell hole they call DeVry. Then cell phone reminders will keep my ass in check some other way. For those of us with ADD its a life saver.

If you don't like turning shit in on time, come to DeVry. They let you turn stuff in whenever. Normally no points are deducted. I'd say that over 50% of my tests have been open book or at least open notes and 75% percent of my papers were written within 48 hrs of the due date. Most were written past 11pm the night before it was due. And I'm graduating with honors if that tells you the academic excellence that spews out of this school. Its a fucking paper mill for nerds. Had I tried this shit when I went to OSU they would have sent me on my merry way for being so lazy.

You're still there man? That's some serious part time classes :) Glad to hear you will be all finished soon though!

Anyone ever forgotten about a paper until 3:00 on the morning that it's due? Just realized I have a fairly long essay to write for 20 percent of my final grade' date=' looks like I won't be getting sleep anytime soon :mad: .[/quote']

Thats life. I went into work yesterday (I work in Surgery, Neuromonitoring) and was told I only have one case, 7:30a-9:30a. Surprise surprise!!! We have 4 cases, 7:30a, 10:30a 2:30p and 7:30p.