bars/clubs in cbus

ninjachk08

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i might be heading to cbus this weekend either tonight or tomorrow. my friends want to know what bars or clubs are good?

what do you recommend?

Depends what crowd you like.

If you like the night club scene, just go to the intersection of Vine and Front. You'll find half a dozen clubs all within walking distance.

Gasworks, Brothers, Sugar, Spice, Mynt, Novaks, etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=vine+st+and+front+st+columbus,+ohio&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.777825,64.072266&ie=UTF8&ll=39.971554,-83.004981&spn=0.006052,0.007821&t=h&z=17

Depends what crowd you like.

If you like the night club scene, just go to the intersection of Vine and Front. You'll find half a dozen clubs all within walking distance.

Gasworks, Brothers, Sugar, Spice, Mynt, Novaks, etc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=vine+st+and+front+st+columbus,+ohio&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.777825,64.072266&ie=UTF8&ll=39.971554,-83.004981&spn=0.006052,0.007821&t=h&z=17

+1 Just go down town...you will find something you like. I would go tomorrow night when its warmer though.

Ok here it is:

Downtown:

-Mint: sweet dance club with old school, but good music

-Brothers: not bad, but they are kind of assholes there. I've had more than a few bad experiences

-Spice & Patio: connected and have different stuff going on - two for the price of one!

-Gaswerks: Eh, not my fav, but still not a bad place to hang out.

Campus:

-South Campus Gateway: You got Ugly Tuna (usually packed), McFaddens (more packed but has dancing), Skye (mostly agreed that it is overpriced & sometimes charge cover) -gateway is fun and has a slight downtown feel wo the cost...

-Toos: My favorite bar. inexpensive, & sticky floors, what more do you need... i would suggest bringing your own TP.

-Out 'r' Inn (sucks in cold weather, & watch out for the rats, but highly recommended in the summer!)

There are really so many... what are you looking for? Want to dress up, dance, just chill??

Ok here it is:

Downtown:

-Brothers: not bad, but they are kind of assholes there. I've had more than a few bad experiences

-Spice & Patio: connected and have different stuff going on - two for the price of one!

Campus:

-South Campus Gateway: You got Ugly Tuna (usually packed), McFaddens (more packed but has dancing), Skye (mostly agreed that it is overpriced & sometimes charge cover) -gateway is fun and has a slight downtown feel wo the cost...

-Toos: My favorite bar. inexpensive, & sticky floors, what more do you need... i would suggest bringing your own TP.

-Out 'r' Inn (sucks in cold weather, & watch out for the rats, but highly recommended in the summer!)

There are really so many... what are you looking for? Want to dress up, dance, just chill??

I was waiting for the drunk to chime in.. :lol:

Ok here it is:

Downtown:

Campus:

sugar and patio are attached, spice is seperate next to gaswerks. Also on campus lucky's is an irish pub that is nice and usually not to over crowded like the rest of the gateway bars. There are also Bar Louie, Novaks, Park Street Tavern, and many more other bars in the Arena District area.

"The Barn" is a Clubhouse for a development called "The Farms" off of Hayden Run, by Tuttle. It always has a live band on the weekends and a crowd of 20's and 30's year olds that are there to have a good time and usually not fight like the crowd at "Brothers" etc.. I personally love the Barn, and the crowd that it attracts.. Only bad thing is no Budweiser products! Only Miller..

lol thanks girl!

has anyone heard of the red barn? or the barn??

is it nice?

The barn is near tuttle mall. Its got a nice barnish feel and is in an apt complex of a younger crowd. I've been there a few times and don't have anything to complain about yet. :)

sugar and patio are attached, spice is seperate next to gaswerks. Also on campus lucky's is an irish pub that is nice and usually not to over crowded like the rest of the gateway bars. There are also Bar Louie, Novaks, Park Street Tavern, and many more other bars in the Arena District area.

Yeah, I always get sugar & spice mixed up. I liked lucky's... nicer during the summer i think, but yeah, its close to gateway, so if you are hating gateway, you could go there.

"The Barn" is a Clubhouse for a development called "The Farms" off of Hayden Run, by Tuttle. It always has a live band on the weekends and a crowd of 20's and 30's year olds that are there to have a good time and usually not fight like the crowd at "Brothers" etc.. I personally love the Barn, and the crowd that it attracts.. Only bad thing is no Budweiser products! Only Miller..

They make a mean white russian!

The barn is an bar / recreation center owned by an apartment complex in dublin.. You will be nowhere near downtown if you go there. I dont suggest going there if your actually looking to experience the Columbus bar scene.

He's right though. If you want the Columbus scene, then arena district is best option. Everything from Lodge bar to Spice and Sugar.. Sugar actually has a fashion show tonight with great drink specials that you ladies might enjoy.

i might be heading to cbus this weekend either tonight or tomorrow. my friends want to know what bars or clubs are good?

what do you recommend?

I don't go out much at all but if I want to be in a "club" atmosphere I really like BOMA. It's over on Broad St. I haven't been there in about a year so I'm not sure if it's even open anymore. Some of the other bars mentioned are geared toward the early 20 something crowd. If I decide to go out I prefer a more upscale venue (which are few and far b/t in Cbus) but you'll have a good time no matter what you choose if you're with a great group of gals. ;)

I don't go out much at all but if I want to be in a "club" atmosphere I really like BOMA. It's over on Broad St. I haven't been there in about a year so I'm not sure if it's even open anymore. Some of the other bars mentioned are geared toward the early 20 something crowd. If I decide to go out I prefer a more upscale venue (which are few and far b/t in Cbus) but you'll have a good time no matter what you choose if you're with a great group of gals. ;)

BOMA is pretty sweet. They had a half pipe set up in one of the rooms last time i was there.

I can't do BOMA..... Something about partying and drinking in a old church seems a little weird to me. I've heard mixed reviews about BOMA.

I can't do BOMA..... Something about partying and drinking in a old church seems a little weird to me. I've heard mixed reviews about BOMA.

Unfortunately Pedro there are LOTS of things that go on in active churchs that we don't even know about. At least no they aren't having church there. hehe. :eek:

BOMA is pretty sweet. They had a half pipe set up in one of the rooms last time i was there.

Are you serious!? I need to check that!

As for "The Barn", fucking sucks. I used to go there just because it was a part of my apartment complex and I could walk home. It's horrible.

As for "The Barn", fucking sucks. I used to go there just because it was a part of my apartment complex and I could walk home. It's horrible.

Yeah, seems like a waste to drive all the way from Dayton to go there...might as well stop by the Goat, too. :lol: