Anyone ever done a wire tuck?

DaddyBuiltRacing

So i'm debating a wire tuck on my EG coupe. I am a noob at wiring i'll be the first to admit it. Now I have researched and some sites say you dont even have to cut and re-solder any wires. Others tell me that you have to de-pin it all and re=wire it. Anyone on here done a wire tuck and willing to help a noob out?

Heres what I found online just wanna know your thoughts:

The big, black, thick wiring harnesses that come out of the firewall area and run along the top of the fenders are nasty looking. These wires power things like radiator fans, headlights, turn signals and other important things. The best way to hide those ugly wires is to "tuck" them into the fenders. The easiest way to do this is to remove the fenders and front bumper, drill a hole on each side of the unibody and run the harnesses through the freshly-drilled holes and pull the entire harness, connector and all, underneath the fender. After reconnecting all the connectors and zip tying the harness to the top of the inner fender, put it all back together. The important thing here is to be sure the hole you drill is big enough to fit the connectors on the end of the wiring harnesses to fit thorough the holes, WITHOUT cutting off the connector. Many people who do DIY wire tucks make the mistake of cutting all the connectors off the harness in order to fit them through a smaller or preexisting hole. This should be avoided, if at all possible. Just remember that every single wire you cut will need to be soldered and shrink-wrapped-an incredibly time-consuming process if you are talking about 100 wires or more. DO NOT use butt connectors if you decide to cut a few wires. These have a high probability of creating electrical problems later that can be extremely difficult to diagnose. In a worst-case scenario, an electrical short could burn your car to the ground.

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0705_impp_wireless_engine_bay_tricks/before_and_after.html

Yup.. It can be done.. wire can even be shortened too.. Its not fun, very time consuming too. Have you ever taken apart a harness before or pilled the pins out of the connectors? Not fun either, they are EXTREMELY fragile. I wouldnt really mess with it honestly, unless you were going to do some crazy mods that could get in the way of the factory wire runs.