Insurance ftl

shotgun

Soo I'm in need for some car insurance. Every quote I've gotten is between $350-$360 per month. Anyone have any suggestions on what company I should try to go with. Also, I received a reckless ops ticket back in january of 2006 when I was a minor. Anyone know how long it takes for points to drop off of your license ?

Soo I'm in need for some car insurance. Every quote I've gotten is between $350-$360 per month. Anyone have any suggestions on what company I should try to go with. Also, I received a reckless ops ticket back in january of 2006 when I was a minor. Anyone know how long it takes for points to drop off of your license ?

Some insurance companies will look at your record 3 years back. Some do 5 years though.

Basically you're fucked.

Is that for full-coverage?

Maybe try safe auto. They don't even look at your driving history.

holy shit thats like another car payment a month. My friend got a dui and reckless op and it took 6 years to get off his record just like the dui. Im not sure about safe auto ect but the cheapest place ive used has been progressive, for a evo they wanted 90$ a month when other places where 140+ that stupid lizard company said 240$ a month for me and I have a perfect record and im 26 years old so they are high as fuck.

Some insurance companies will look at your record 3 years back. Some do 5 years though.

Basically you're fucked.

Is that for full-coverage?

Maybe try safe auto. They don't even look at your driving history.

close but not quiet.

all accident and minor violations are chargeable tor 35 months. Any magor violation (I.E. reckless op, DUI, ect.. ) are chargeable for 60 months. All accident or violations are visable for 60 months (sometimes longer if DMV doesn't pull them off for whatever reasons.

Edit: after 2 years the state will drop these from your record.

I am pretty sure that stuff is not held against you after you turn 18. I could be wrong though. I use Grange Insurance/ Erie Insurance

Yea they are still on my record I think. I got a letter stating that we will be. i'll call down to the courthouse and check tomorrow

Yea they are still on my record I think. I got a letter stating that we will be. i'll call down to the courthouse and check tomorrow

yeah it will still be there and will stay there for 5 years from the conviction date.

if its marked as a major violation which it probably is it will be a 6 point hit.

yeah it will still be there and will stay there for 5 years from the conviction date.

if its marked as a major violation which it probably is it will be a 6 point hit.

The reckless ops was 4 points and the speeding was 2 points

oh ok 6 total any accidents or comp claims??

also all companys are going to run your MVR and ALH you will not be able to be in a standard or preferred company. you might want to try TITAN (written through nationwide) gieco, aig, or progressive (which you stated above). Any way you look at it your per month rates are going to be pretty high. Age + bad driving record = suXorz!!!

Were these at the same time? If so then you should have only gotten 4 points total. I believe they can only hit you once on the points and it is the highest points they take.

Atleast it was in my case

Were these at the same time? If so then you should have only gotten 4 points total. I believe they can only hit you once on the points and it is the highest points they take.

Atleast it was in my case

no the reckless was charged to my record july of 06 and my speeding was november of 2007. I just got my license back in may of 2007

I am pretty sure that stuff is not held against you after you turn 18. I could be wrong though.

Yes, because it makes perfect sense for an insurance company to say, "Oh, wait, you were 17-years old when you got the DUI and the reckless operation and the vehicular manslaughter convictions, but you're 18-years old now, and we all know there's a huge difference between a 17-year old driver and an 18-year old driver, so how could we ever hold all those convictions against you when considering your risk liability as a driver?"

Common sense just bitch-slapped you.

Yes, because it makes perfect sense for an insurance company to say, "Oh, wait, you were 17-years old when you got the DUI and the reckless operation and the vehicular manslaughter convictions, but you're 18-years old now, and we all know there's a huge difference between a 17-year old driver and an 18-year old driver, so how could we ever hold all those convictions against you when considering your risk liability as a driver?"

lulz

Lol you just had my manager looking at me crazy from laughing soo hard :asshole:

When it comes to being held against you for a 12 point suspension once you turn 18 your juvenile record is sealed. Thus any points occurred during your underage antics are not held against you.

As this is the way my insurance company did it.

Now John A DUI is held against you longer, so comparing that to a reckless operation is non sense. Thanks for playing.

Im thinking your insurance company has a reason they are charging you so much. Apparently you cannot drive.

:asshole: I didnt another car. A deer jumped out in front of me and if I would of tried to move out of the way I would of hit a semi