Just for the record

Casper

does that mean you should support to him? does that mean we should just accept all his decisions and keep our mouths shut about what we want, and what we need? i dont know about you guys, but i have an opinion, and a voice, and i intend on using it, instead of being a sheep and blindly following a man who was appointed into authority over me

btw, im not singling out obama, hell, i voted for him, doesnt mean im going support all of his actions

Well said - I can't give you rep without spreadin' it around some more.

does that mean you should support to him? does that mean we should just accept all his decisions and keep our mouths shut about what we want, and what we need? i dont know about you guys, but i have an opinion, and a voice, and i intend on using it, instead of being a sheep and blindly following a man who was appointed into authority over me

btw, im not singling out obama, hell, i voted for him, doesnt mean im going support all of his actions

+1

just being patriotic. but even though i didnt vote for obama im gonna do my duty and stand behind my leader

"to annouce that there should be no critisism of the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the american public"

teddy roosevelt

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

honest abe

if we see something crazy, its our patriotic duty to do something about it, not lay back and watch our liberty to be destroyed

I put all of this in GODS hands. May he guide us on the road of redemption.

We all think we have the right answers, but in truth we look for guidance everwhere we turn. Open up your eyes we create, we distroy it is a visious circle we live in. Our President/s will continue to do their best for mankind.

Just want to clarify one thing.. He is the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and not the American People.

That being said' date=' I agree with Ben to an extent. I don't feel that we should bash Obama now that he has been elected. However, as soon as he passes some shitty, fucked up, wealth-spreading bullshit legislature it is our duty as Americans to call him on it. If we disagree with it it is absolutely in the best interest of our Nation to stand against it. I am very displeased with the Republican Party for not stomping on Bush's toes when he signed all the bullshit he did. Don't even get me started on the Patriot Act!!

Until Obama fucks up I will support him as president. He is NOT my Commander-In-Chief. He is my President and is accountable to me and my fellow countrymen.[/quote']

You just saved me a lot of typing. I cannot agree more! I'm not a big Obama fan, but he's the President now and I'll give him my support for as long as he deserves it. If/when he starts making mistakes, he'll lose my support faster than Bush turned around on his "Our troops shouldn't be used for nation building" statement.

The President is, at the most basic level, no different from any other U.S. citizen. He has no birthright to his position, and he is not an all-knowing deity. I wouldn't follow a President blindly any sooner than I would the guy asking if I want paper or plastic at Giant Eagle.

I put all of this in GODS hands. May he guide us on the road of redemption.

We all think we have the right answers, but in truth we look for guidance everwhere we turn. Open up your eyes we create, we distroy it is a visious circle we live in. Our President/s will continue to do their best for mankind.

do you think we have a Godly government right now?

society is a vicious cycle, and government is not the answer, i believe God is, if people (or even JUST christians) would live like they were called to according to the bible. i dont mean to turn this into a religious argument, but even if you dont believe a word in the bible, im sure you would agree with me, that living by the basic principle of christian living, love, the world would be a better place)

no leader will do what is best for mankind unfortunantly, because they are not God, and because of their human nature, they will continue either to do what they believe is best for mankind, or they will make decisions to promote their own agenda to advance themselves in whatever form they desire.

but that is my response to that post. im stating what i believe, and im not going to try to stuff it down your throat. regardless....

it is our duty as americans to question authority, and act as necesarry to change it as needed

I like what your talking about.

"to annouce that there should be no critisism of the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the american public"

teddy roosevelt

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.

honest abe

if we see something crazy, its our patriotic duty to do something about it, not lay back and watch our liberty to be destroyed